Roster spot no guarantee for Islanders’ Josh Bailey

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
A placeholder at 3.6M per? Why not call up Toronto, I'm sure Franson is available while we're at it too! :laugh:

The Islanders have guys that are a hell of a lot cheaper than Schenn and are going to make the same mistakes Schenn is going to make with the puck, but apparently Schenn's size and cement blocks for skates at 3.6M per satisfy fan's needs.

At least Bailey is an average NHL forward. Do people think he's suddenly no longer a competent NHL forward because we actually have depth that is outperforming him now? I'm not advocating keeping Bailey in the lineup either, I'm just saying I'd rather scratch or waive Bailey (i.e. Keeping a competent NHL forward in our system) than trade for a traffic cone who isn't even better than the guys we have in Bridgeport.

I agree with this, personally.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
If Bailey is an "average NHL forward" then that explains why hockey isn't popular in the states.

Boring, lazy, indifferent player, who has zero appeal to the audience.

Easily replaceable.

aka, Kvasha

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
If Bailey was having a strong camp, if he was not blocking the nhl path of Lee/Strome, then we would not be having this discussion.

Isn't this the point? He's not having a strong camp, more like an invisible camp. And he's had mostly an invisible career. It's time to be voted off the Island. Bye bye.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isn't this the point? He's not having a strong camp, more like an invisible camp. And he's had mostly an invisible career. It's time to be voted off the Island. Bye bye.

If he is moved, some fans will howl. But, it's been 6 mostly disappointing seasons. If Snow can move him for a serviceable top 4, then I am in favor of that.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
If he is moved, some fans will howl. But, it's been 6 mostly disappointing seasons. If Snow can move him for a serviceable top 4, then I am in favor of that.

I think the majority here would agree with that.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
If Bailey is an "average NHL forward" then that explains why hockey isn't popular in the states.

Easily replaceable.

aka, Kvasha

Tell me who an average NHL forward is around the league.

Edit: Wait, I think I may have misinterpreted this. Are you agreeing that he is at least an NHL average player, but since he is boring, the game isn't popular? Or are you saying there is no way he is average? I don't even know what makes less sense.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site

Easily replaceable.

aka, Kvasha

Have I ever mentioned how much I miss Oleg Kvasha? I do you know. I really do.

(PS Bailey isn't lazy, he just has issues with concentration and confidence).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad