Erod Mittelstadt Pominville
Smith Larson Bailey
Scandella Ristolainen
Dahlin Bogosian
Hunwick McCabe
Hutton
Ullmark
Beaulieu, Nelson, Baptiste

Still fairly bad looking. We’re that expected bogo injury away from going from bad defense, to very bad.

Only 4 million in cap space too! (I gave Reinhart 5.5)

This is already markedly better than last year. Defense also has Guhle and Pilut, who will likely make sure Hunwick and Nelson never have to play. I completely disagree with your injury comment. The remaining question marks is on wing, and were still expected to get at least one improvement in UFA from that.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Really interested to see what other FAs Buffalo might be in on. We've heard plenty on Hutton and ROR -- safe to assume Armstrong's Blues aren't running too tight-lipped an organization this summer, no? -- but little else.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Really interested to see what other FAs Buffalo might be in on. We've heard plenty on Hutton and ROR -- safe to assume Armstrong's Blues aren't running too tight-lipped an organization this summer, no? -- but little else.

Looking at the depth chart:

LW:

Sheary
Rodrigues
Girgensons
Smith
Olofsson

C:

Eichel
RoR
Mittelstadt
Larsson
O'Regan

RW:

Reinhart
Okposo
Bailey
Pominville
Baptiste

LD:

Dahlin
Scandella
McCabe
Hunwick
Beaulieu
Guhle

RD:

Risto
Bogosion
Nelson
Borgen

G:

Hutton
Ullmark

I still see our biggest need as LW and RD, though, I don't see a fit really via UFA for either of those slots. I think, other than Hutton, we might see a small signing or two, but nothing of huge consequence. IF we move RoR, we SHOULD be in the market for a defensive center immediately as there isn't an immediate fill for that role.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Oloffson is a LW. Pilut is a RD. Rodrigues is a RW. Decent chance Dahlin or McCabe slides over to RD unless there’s an addition made.

I think we need one more LW. Rodrigues is a righty he just got switched to center under Bylsma and then filled in at LW when Girgensons broke as usual. He jumps to right and that’s set, though it could improve, it’s not at the top of the list.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Oloffson is a LW. Pilut is a RD. Rodrigues is a RW. Decent chance Dahlin or McCabe slides over to RD unless there’s an addition made.

I think we need one more LW. Rodrigues is a righty he just got switched to center under Bylsma and then filled in at LW when Girgensons broke as usual. He jumps to right and that’s set, though it could improve, it’s not at the top of the list.

Pilut is a lefty, not a RD

Reactions: Icicle

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Now that Hutton seems to be squared away, I think I'm most curious to see who our 3rd goalie/AHL starter is going to be.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
My updated offseason plan (including Sheary trade, Hutton signing, and the Stimson idea that Girgs is actually a good shot suppressing forward):

1) Hagelin for McCabe, Larsson/Bailey/cheap forward, and a conditional pick: Back to the well with Pittsburgh. They get some more cheap, young bodies with promise and save cap space. We get another competent NHL forward that adds leadership, winning experience, speed, the ability to play up and down the lineup, and PK ability. I staple him to ROR.
2) Sign Pateryn: My #1 UFA target. I think he and Scandella could be the most legitimate shutdown pair we've had since Lydallinder.
3) Sign Riley Nash: It's time to invest in good players in the bottom six, especially while we have the cap room. He's everything you could ever want in a 4th line center.
4) Don't trade ROR.
5) Roll the dice on a handful of veteran depth moves, hope one of them stirkes gold. If not, no bones about scratching them/sending them to Rochester.
6) Malone makes the team as a 4th line LW. He plays an NHL game and I expect him to have a Carrier-esque ability to contribute. It's worth noting he's older than most of the other Rochester forwards.

Sheary-Eichel-Reinhart
Hagelin-ROR-Girgensons
X-Mitts-Okposo
Malone-Nash-X

X=tons of players competing for limited spots. I'd like Baptiste's chances of winning a spot on the 4th line and Smith and ERod's chances on the third line.

Dahlin-Risto
Scandella-Pateryn
Y-Y

Y=Tons of players, including Guhle, Nelson, and crappy veterans competing for the final spots. Those two are my favorites for that role.

Hutton
Ullmark

Reactions: WYFR

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Rochester signed Wilcox to an AHL deal. I wonder if they sign another one or do a Wilcox/JJoe split.

Wilcox could count as the AHL goalie signing as he was unsigned when the team says they needed to sign two goalies, but in Sexton's interview with Don Stevens today it sounded like he was looking to add another goalie as well, so I guess they are planning on keeping JJ in Cincy if they can.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
With the Doughty extension I wonder if L.A. becomes the next target entice into a trade by eating some salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad