Speculation: Roster Speculation, 2014-2015 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I loved Cody here, but I can see him sticking in Minny now that they've seen him up close. McCormick has shown to be versatile (wing or center) as well as able to play an energy role that doesn't always involve dropping the mitts but he is willing in that regard, even with guys above his class. Compared to Thornton who has recent baggage with the Orpik incident and has not been the same since Scott put him in the hospital? Slowing and not nearly as effective as a variety of possible 4th line UFA targets... nah, I don't see him being worth the ink to sign.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Local sports radio up here is clamoring to resign McCormick, said he brought and edge and confidence to the team. Fwiw the are disappointed mightly in Moulson.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Local sports radio up here is clamoring to resign McCormick, said he brought and edge and confidence to the team. Fwiw the are disappointed mightly in Moulson.

Makes sense. As for Moulson, another shipped that probably has sailed. He's also likely not going to get a pass back to LA with Williams post-season heroics and he's going to be in competition with Parenteau as a player teams may simply trade for rather than dealing with UFA negotiations with Matt.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC

He does everything you want in a fourth liner. Management here underappreciated him often times, but I think most fans agree with Minny fans...the guy is the ultimate team player and worth every penny of his salary.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Thornton is certainly still a more capable player than John Scott (or any of our other recent enforcers)

For a 12th forward who can show some of our younger guys professionalism. I certainly don't see the harm on a 1 or 2 year deal.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I'd much rather give Deslauriers a chance, and everyone don't forget we still have Torey Mitchell

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
How much do you guys think it would take to land Martinez or Muzzin from L.A.?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Myers + Foligno + Minn 2nd

for

3rd Overall.

or

Myers + Grigorenko

for 3rd Overall.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He does everything you want in a fourth liner. Management here underappreciated him often times, but I think most fans agree with Minny fans...the guy is the ultimate team player and worth every penny of his salary.

Dont have an issue with resigning McCormcik. The reason McCormick and Mitchell were part of the deal was in part a different way at salary retention by Buffalo taking back a higher salaried player

for

3rd Overall.

or

Myers + Grigorenko

for 3rd Overall.

I would do neither trade.

No moving Grigorenko.

I do not want to move Myers for a pick that we then use to draft Ekblad.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ

for

3rd Overall.

or

Myers + Grigorenko

for 3rd Overall.

Im reluctant to move Myers or Grigo, but if someone were to tell me that we move one or both and walk away with both Sams, I dont think I could confidently say that I would be all that mad.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I would do neither trade.

No moving Grigorenko.

I do not want to move Myers for a pick that we then use to draft Ekblad.

If Murray is right, Ekblad will be off the board and the Sabres would get their top 2 forwards in this draft.

I wouldn't lose my mind if they did either of those deals. I like the upside of the Sams & LD waaaaay more than Grigorenko and losing Myers doesn't hurt that much with Ristolainen and Pysyk coming on fast.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I get the feeling that Thornton has hit a wall. His PIMs were down a lot this season.

And Boston seems to know when to cut the cord with a guy.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

for

3rd Overall.

or

Myers + Grigorenko

for 3rd Overall.

Both fair deals, both have been widely played out and generally accepted by the main trade board. It's really going to come down to two GMs who ask themselves if they have more faith in the franchise altering abilities of Myers or Bennett. I think Edmonton probably declines.

I'm high on Myers still, myself, but I'm also high on Bennett. It would change the dynamic of our team, for sure. We could potentially begin next season with 0 of our future blue line actually on the team, and although Risto, Pysyk, Zadarov, and McCabe look promising, I advocate the general rule that defensemen are very hard to project at the NHL level. All of them might have NHL futures in some capacity, but the smarts you need to learn at the NHL level to be elite are uncommon. It would not surprise me entirely if Myers ends up being the best defensemen out of the group.

I would flip a coin, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad