Florida
If Miller is involved.... Yes!

I posted this on the trade forum back in November:

Miller 50% retained (3.125)
for
Fasth (2.9)
Rakell (.900)
2nd in 2015

NOTE: Ottawa drafted Noesen (21st) from Plymouth that year, so TM is probably familiar Rakell (30th). But, Ottawa also drafted Puempel(24th)

This proposal was back in early November... before Miller did some serious pumping of his trade value IMO.

Make that pick a 1st... or switch Fasth to Gibson and I'm all over it.

KennyFnPowers*

Interesting if Miller is wanted for a big push in ANA (he'd certainly love to be out west). More so if he's also wanted in STL, as that'd create a nice market for him at the deadline.

Halak -> Islanders
Miller -> Blues
1st + -> Sabres

or

Miller -> Ducks
Gibson/Fasth + -> Sabres
Hiller -> ?

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I posted this on the trade forum back in November:

Miller 50% retained (3.125)
for
Fasth (2.9)
Rakell (.900)
2nd in 2015

NOTE: Ottawa drafted Noesen (21st) from Plymouth that year, so TM is probably familiar Rakell (30th). But, Ottawa also drafted Puempel(24th)

This proposal was back in early November... before Miller did some serious pumping of his trade value IMO.

Make that pick a 1st... or switch Fasth to Gibson and I'm all over it.

I like your thinking.

I would target either Andersen or Gibson as part of the package coming back. A 3 way trade to move Hiller for them to open cap space might make sense as well.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
it sure would be great if St Louis and Anaheim got into a bidding war for Miller, his value increases when both getting him and PREVENTING the other from getting him has value.

KennyFnPowers*

it sure would be great if St Louis and Anaheim got into a bidding war for Miller, his value increases when both getting him and PREVENTING the other from getting him has value.

:yo:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
If Miller is traded (hopefully), I can see it being completed by Feb 7th (right before the freeze for the Olympics)

that would be odd... why would a team take on the low risk that Mille got injured in the Olympics?

I expect it to happen right after the Olympics

ZeroPT*

Gibson won't be moved for Miller.. Unless the ducks decide to go full derp... I wouldn't be oppose to getting Andersen but we won't get Gibson

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I still think Moulson makes a ton of sense for the Kings. He has the third most PP goals since 2008-09. LA has the 26th ranked PP, and it almost cost them last night vs Vancouver. Throw in the fact that the Kings want to add another top-6 LW, and he makes even more sense. Plus, he's Quick's brother-in-law, so there's that angle, as well.

Lombardi likes to strike before the deadline, generally. I wonder if they'd try to pull the trigger prior to the Olympics.
...Nolan + 1st?

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Maybe Anaheim is clearing room and they trade Hiller to say NYI and then Miller is traded to ANA

Andersen, 1st (if Miller Re-signs) 2nd if he does not and one of Friberg/Karlsson
for
Miller

or

Andersen and Rakell and a conditional 2nd if Miller re-signs
for
Miller

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Maybe Anaheim is clearing room and they trade Hiller to say NYI and then Miller is traded to ANA

Andersen, 1st (if Miller Re-signs) 2nd if he does not and one of Friberg/Karlsson
for
Miller

or

Andersen and Rakell and a conditional 2nd if Miller re-signs
for
Miller

I'd say 100% Miller would resign in ANA

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
is there any relationship between Tim & Bob Murray?

Not familial. I don't see a working relationship in their job listings. Bob became Senior VP in Anaheim the season after Tim left. They probably know each other as Tim seems like the kind of guy who knows over half the league.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I think come opening night of 2014-15, this team will be drastically different.

With Murray's comments about not being afraid to trade picks and prospects for proven talent, does anyone feel like he might be gearing up to make a pitch to Chevy for Evander Kane? Clearly not happy in Winnipeg. With murray being the new guy, we don't know which if our young players he likes and/or doesn't covet. Couple his comments about being agressive with his stance that re-builds don't have to take 3 or 4 years and it looks to me that Murray's got his dealing shoes on. Is Kane a Murray-type player. The impression I get from Evander is that he's an effective player even when he's not scoring. Brings a physical chip-on-shoulder attitude and doesn't seem to hurt Winnipeg in any way when he takes the ice. How's his hockey IQ.

Say we also signed Callahan. Where would you stand if the opening night top 6 next year was something like:

Kane-Hodgson-Callahan
Moulson-UFA/trade-Girgensons

I'm not saying both moves will happen, but I've read (somewhere) that Murray does like Kane. Being a WNY'er and what with the rising cap, I can't think of any reason why Murray wouldn't throw big money at Callahan.

On top of that, if we continued to suck for the rest of the year, we'd have Reinhart in the cupboard.I've embraced the fact that we are re-building, but getting those two forwards makes us instantly better and still allows us to draft high and hopefully snag Reinhart. Murray did say te 2015 draft is still a focus, but I could be swayed into buying into the "super quick rebuild" model if the two moves I mentioned above could happen.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Keep an eye out for odd healthy scratches tonight, Tyler Toffolli was just sent down to Manchester. Could be clearing the way to move someone in?

NVM he has been struggling lately.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Keep an eye out for odd healthy scratches tonight, Tyler Toffolli was just sent down to Manchester. Could be clearing the way to move someone in?

NVM he has been struggling lately.

On that same note...

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 27m
Obviously no deal made yet... but our sources say the one name heavily discussed by #LAKings mgmt in the last 48 hrs is #Sabres Matt Moulson

I know Hoven is well-known in the LA market and is a member of the PHWA, but I'm not sure if he's a trusted source for rumors or not. Something to keep an eye on, I guess

EDIT: They're discussing the same tweet on the Kings' board and no one's completely dismissing it based on who wrote it. Might be legit

EDIT2: I just saw that Hoven is on the trusted source list

KennyFnPowers*

Tim is Bryan and Terry's nephew. There is no relation to Bob.

I wonder if it gets tight, will GMTM use some of his old connections in ANA to pull off a stinger deadline deal... One can hope ;)

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
On that same note...

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 27m
Obviously no deal made yet... but our sources say the one name heavily discussed by #LAKings mgmt in the last 48 hrs is #Sabres Matt Moulson

I know Hoven is well-known in the LA market and is a member of the PHWA, but I'm not sure if he's a trusted source for rumors or not. Something to keep an eye on, I guess

EDIT: They're discussing the same tweet on the Kings' board and no one's completely dismissing it based on who wrote it. Might be legit

The Mayor is not a rumor guy...he is in the locker room after games and has a great rapport with alot of players around the league.

It is all speculation at this point...but as someone posted above...Moulson is obviously a solid candidate for what the Kings are looking for.

And with the 8-game road trip coming up, the timing of this Toffoli send down when the team is struggling offensively does raise some alarms. Toffoli isn't scoring goals right now...but he is definitely not playing poorly. It really smells of opening up a roster spot, and the Kings only have 2 players currently that are waiver exempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad