Roster moves prior to season opener (Emmerton clears waivers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

Emmerton placed on waivers.

That's too bad for Cory.
If I was Cory, I would have taken 3 weeks off at the end of the season, and then spent the rest of the summer on faceoffs.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
So our 4th centre is?!?

It's very possible that guys like Emmerton and Nyquist might get sent down on paper only until guys like Helm and Tootoo can be placed on LTIR. The Wings need to get roster compliant by tomorrow, but they can start putting guys on LTIR by Tuesday.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Best of luck to Cory... but I support this move.

Time to make the 4th line actually a 4th line.

Wonder if Sheahan or Glendening will be the 4C to start the season?

RedWingsNow*

So does Emmerton go to GR and take valuable icetime away from Sheahan and Jarnkrok?

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Yeah I think its just a paper move. They probably call him back up Tuesday after Helm, Eaves, and possibly Gustavsson go on IR.

RedWingsNow*

It's very possible that guys like Emmerton and Nyquist might get sent down on paper only until guys like Helm and Tootoo can be placed on LTIR. The Wings need to get roster compliant by tomorrow, but they can start putting guys on LTIR by Tuesday.

Risky plan with Emmerton.
I doubt he'd get claimed. But if that's your plan, it's risky.

RedWingsNow*

Best of luck to Cory... but I support this move.

Time to make the 4th line actually a 4th line.

Wonder if Sheahan or Glendening will be the 4C to start the season?

Based on Mike's love of mediocrity, I'd say Glendening.
But he's worse than Emmerton at this point. And he can't win faceoffs either.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Risky plan with Emmerton.
I doubt he'd get claimed. But if that's your plan, it's risky.

Not that risky. Emmerton is an average 4th line center at best. Market isn't real strong for guys like him. Even if someone did claim him I think they would feel ok letting Sheahan be the 4th line center this year.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Pretty surpricing. They had a chance to LTIR Helm+Eaves -package and send Nyquist to Griffins, but did not use that option.

Bad management from Holland wasting an asset and keeping Nyquist up! :sarcasm:

Emmerton has very favorable caphit to help some teams with tight cap. I think someone could claim him.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Pretty surpricing. They had a chance to LTIR Helm+Eaves -package and send Nyquist to Griffins, but did not use that option.

Bad management from Holland wasting an asset and keeping Nyquist up! :sarcasm:

Emmerton has very favorable caphit to help some teams with tight cap. I think someone could claim him.

They can't put guys on LTIR until Tuesday.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Based on Mike's love of mediocrity, I'd say Glendening.
But he's worse than Emmerton at this point. And he can't win faceoffs either.

If they decide to go Datsyuk-Z-Weiss-Andersson down the middle then we would be pretty strong on draws.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
If they decide to go Datsyuk-Z-Weiss-Andersson down the middle then we would be pretty strong on draws.

What if they moved Franzen to 2nd line center?

Z-Pav-Abs
Nyquist-Mule-Alfie
Tatar-Weiss-Bert
Clears-Andy-Tootoo/Sammy

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Maybe Helms back?

Or Glendening played his way on which would be an improvement at 44C anyways. Guy can PK, fairly physical, good defensively and isnt a drop off speed wise. Hes literally the definition of what you want on your 4th line. Not a converted scorer who cant score trying to figure out the defensive game and how to PK

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Is there a roster limit for tomorrow?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Helene St. James @HeleneStJames
Red Wings will place Darren Helm on Long Term Injured Reserve Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad