Roster Building XIX - Did we blow the deadline? Need to ask the magic 8-ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Shattenkirk had buyout money in his pocket. Pesce needs to get paid.

Klingberg is the more apt example for that path. He took as much money as he could get on a 1 year deal and tried again the following Summer. It didn't work out for him.

Pesce should still command some term. The Parayko/Severson type is excessive after this season. That rumored 5x5 offer from the Canes looks pretty reasonable right now.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
We should trade for Hoglander. The marketing opportunities with Stormy write themselves.
I wouldn't survive having Hoglander as a Cane.

1716079474997.png

Reactions: Daeavorn

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
3 way:
To Edmonton: Necas
To Carolina: Draisaitl
To Chicago: Nurse, Car 1st, Edm 1st

What exactly is Chicago giving up here for Nurse and 2 1sts? There should be a fairly decent asset headed our way.

Not enough going to Edmonton. You should throw in Kotkaniemi. Then go post it on main boards.

(I wanna watch the world burn. It's Sunday and I have to go to work.)

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Vegas and Utah are two teams to watch this offseason, with us, as far strategy.

Utah may want to be aggressive to drive the marketing train. I don’t know that Necas is quite the name but he has the skill to drive that train.

Vegas: do they need to keep Marchessault? If so, they are going to have to move salary out. Hague and Karlsson would be really interesting options for us. Hill, if made available, would be interested but I don’t think we will target another goalie. I don’t know who will be made available though.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Vegas and Utah are two teams to watch this offseason, with us, as far strategy.

Utah may want to be aggressive to drive the marketing train. I don’t know that Necas is quite the name but he has the skill to drive that train.

Vegas: do they need to keep Marchessault? If so, they are going to have to move salary out. Hague and Karlsson would be really interesting options for us. Hill, if made available, would be interested but I don’t think we will target another goalie. I don’t know who will be made available though.
I'd really like Karlsson he'd be a nice fit.

Reactions: Unsustainable

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Could you imagine how much speed there would be with Necas on MacKinnon's line?
Yup and that’s why they might consider it.

I’d want more than just mittlestadt though. He has speed/size but just hasn’t scored enough in his career.

Wow. And an elite season too. He gets much respect from the dressing room for playing through

Don’t like those type of injuries though at such a young age. I wonder when he will have surgery and how long he will be out? 6 months+?

Last edited:

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Yup and that’s why they might consider it.

I’d want more than just mittlestadt though. He has speed/size but just hasn’t scored enough in his career.

Wow. And an elite season too. He gets much respect from the dressing room for playing through

Don’t like those type of injuries though at such a young age. I wonder when he will have surgery and how long he will be out? 6 months+?
I believe he said he doesn’t think he needs surgery.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Some very interesting comments from Pesce during his exit interview... https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/carol...injury-time-in-carolina-contract-negotiations

On his contract situation: Obviously I'm hopeful we can work something out here. Everyone knows I love it here. I love the guys, I love the core and I still think we can get it done. Just hopeful.
On what the organization has meant to him: Everything. I came in as a young, 20-year-old kid and I'm 29 now. I really grew up here. It's a special place. It's kind of everything you could ask for as a professional athlete and whatnot. Just watching this place grow has been really cool.

On if he would consider a team-friendly deal:
Of course. At the end of the day, if you take all this money, sometimes it makes the team worse. It kind of just depends on what you value. I've been through both ends where our team wasn't very good to now and it's much easier to go to the rink every day and do what you love.

On if that's a shared mentality: I can't speak for the league because I've only been here, but I think on our team, yeah. It's fun to win and be in a winning culture like this. Obviously we haven't gotten over that hump, but you can't put a price on coming to the rink everyday and winning and being happy.

Maybe he's more likely to stay than we thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad