Bring back Chatty

Kooch needs to be the starter going forward
Aho probably needs to be given the Captaincy
Lock up Slavin for the rest of his career

Not really sure I care about anything else

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
They shouldn’t chase another center for the sake of it. A wing dominant line can work just fine. Drury and Necas, for example, have legit chemistry. As a pair, they were +2 5v5 this postseason. Drury actually finished with the best 5v5 differential on the team (+5).
drury is getting carried statistically by Necas.

That drury line was the 2nd highest sheltered forward group. it is easier to have advantage. They were +1 before yesterdays game playing against 2 inferior 5v5 teams.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Correct me if I'm wrong. But Shesterkin let up 2 fewer goals then our Tweedledee and Tweedledum.
New York also had the edge in hd chances. Is Shesterkin as good as some indicate or is the gulf smaller then many admit

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
drury is getting carried statistically by Necas.

That drury line was the 2nd highest sheltered forward group. it is easier to have advantage. They were +1 before yesterdays game playing against 2 inferior 5v5 teams.

Drury got a favorable deployment and took advantage of it.

My point is really about the mix sometimes being more important than aggregate talent. If he gets the best out of Necas, so be it. Jamming a better offensive player in there, like Kuznetsov, may not produce better overall results.

The split in Necas' on-ice defensive outcomes with and without Drury was pretty ugly, regular season and post.

RS:
w/Drury - 2.27 5v5 GA/60
w/o - 3.19

PO:
w - 1.44
w/o - 5.3

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I think the D plays out with a re-signing of Chatfield and an LHD vet to pair with Morrow, re-evaluate things next summer after one year of Morrow/Burns out of contract/Nikishin coming over

Goalies I think we see Pyotr take over starting duties and depending how confident we feel after next year depends on what caliber G we chose to replace Freddie with

Forwards wise i’m confident of only two things, Jarvis contract and KK getting shipped out for a late round pick. No clue what the plans are or even what I would personally do with Guentzel/Necas/Drury/Martinook/Noesen. I think there’s so many arguments that could be made either way for so many players. I just hope they have a clear picture in mind for the kind of succinct direction they want to go with their forwards group.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
If we can't get Guentz, what are the odds Reinhart actually hits the market vs resigning in FLA

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I think the D plays out with a re-signing of Chatfield and an LHD vet to pair with Morrow, re-evaluate things next summer after one year of Morrow/Burns out of contract/Nikishin coming over

Goalies I think we see Pyotr take over starting duties and depending how confident we feel after next year depends on what caliber G we chose to replace Freddie with

Forwards wise i’m confident of only two things, Jarvis contract and KK getting shipped out for a late round pick. No clue what the plans are or even what I would personally do with Guentzel/Necas/Drury/Martinook/Noesen. I think there’s so many arguments that could be made either way for so many players. I just hope they have a clear picture in mind for the kind of succinct direction they want to go with their forwards group.
If this is our D we have issues

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
FUS nearly made the team out of camp last season, wouldn't surprise me to see him in the lineup next year
yep, the battle between him and Nadeau is going to be one to watch in training camp. We're going to need 1-2 league minimum/ELC type contributors and those are the two with the inside track IMO, that we'll also probably sign some Paul Stastny type as well.

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
Necas is so talented, but it seems he never really has chemistry with anyone else (the main reason I feel he's not a centre). I think he's traded for a RD with term. I'm hopeful that they re-sign Guentzel, Jarvis and Chatty. TT and Noesen at the right price. I'm all for keeping KK and moving him to Staal's wing unless we absolutely need the money somewhere else. I think FUS and Morrow make the team this year and Nadeau has a shot both literally and figuratively. Lemieux as the extra forward again on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad