Caps tight . Get picks and a young entry level player for C or RW

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I’m back to trading Chytil
He’s back to being inconsistent
Caps tight . Get picks and a young entry level player for C or RW
And when he gets hot, everyone will say to sign him for 5+ years.

I look at Chytil and see a little Roope Hintz. Both in size, development, and playing style. This isn’t a player we should be trading.

Hintz broke out at 25 with 37 goals. 30+ this year. Chytil has that type of ability. Inconsistency is part of the process

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012

I look at Chytil and see a little Roope Hintz. Both in size, development, and playing style. This isn’t a player we should be trading.

Hintz broke out at 25 with 37 goals. 30+ this year. Chytil has that type of ability. Inconsistency is part of the process
Highs and lows. We have to hope for the highs to be higher and more prolonged and the lows to be shorter and farther from the bottom. That goes for all these young guys: Chytil, Laf, Kakko, Schneider, Miller, and even Fox. And I think by and large that’s been the case as we’ve gone forward.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Kreider has been injured for about a 4-6 weeks now, idk how that hasn't been obvious
Yup...at least 2-3 times with the leg/ankle already. Plays that didn't look terrible and he's missing multiple shifts.

At least he seems to be somewhat over the shoulder.

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Not saying you’re wrong it’s just a matter of who can you fit in ?

Miller and Laf are a higher priority so if you have to move one it’s Chytil no ?

Value should be good in a return

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
On Chytil, as a big proponent of trading him last year due to the frustrations with his consistency but also looking like he wasn’t going to make an adjustment defensively, which required thinking the game quicker but also not overthinking too much, he has absolutely taken the next step in his development. There is still room for improvement, especially on faceoffs, but he is thinking the game at a faster pace with proper decisions. His skating ability is next tier. He is a big body center that is really starting to fill out even more. He looks stronger too. I would not be trading him anytime soon. During this recent scoring slump he has had a lot of great chances so I would hardly call it a slump. Hopefully it is helping temper his next contract AAV.

On Kreider, I do think he has been hurt and it has been affecting his play. He was absolutely awful for a couple of weeks ~ way different than is normal on/off inconsistencies that we have been accustomed to throughout his career. But the last couple games he did look like he was more energized out there, moving better and engaged.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If you guys had to pick one... Kane or Tank?

I would lean Tank but I just dont see how he takes a 1year 'team friendly deal' at this point of his career.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
If you guys had to pick one... Kane or Tank?

I would lean Tank but I just dont see how he takes a 1year 'team friendly deal' at this point of his career.
I think I’d go Tank if they were willing to take the same contract. But I’ll have a more informed opinion comes spring.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
This is such hyperbole. When has he been bad for 6 weeks?
I mean I do think he has an injury this time but he the history of streakiness is the definition of his career. If he was as consistent as we wanted, he would be a top player in the league

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Can't really trade Chytil now because what's the contingency plan for a 2A-2B center? Sign a bargain bin UFA? Pray one of Grubbe or Korzcack is ready as soon as this fall? Trade for one of the Kings center prospects who is struggling in the minors?

Not to mention, you lose a lot of speed.

Chytil will be 24 the beginning of next season. His best years should be the next 4-6. This is when you lock him up. He is still relatively young and will continue to improve, gain strength, and he should become more durable.

He should even start PKing as soon as this fall.

Reactions: Dijock94

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
I mean I do think he has an injury this team but he the history of streakiness is the definition of his career. If he was as consistent as we wanted, he would be a top player in the league
So a guy that for the better part of the last 6/7 years is good for 25=30 goals a year (LY not counting) is not consistent but other guys that disappear for 10/15 games at a time get a pass. He is on pace for 30 goals again this year in a down year according to some. When it comes to this board opinion is based on whether people like a player or not instead of actual results.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
Chytil will be 24 the beginning of next season. His best years should be the next 4-6. This is when you lock him up. He is still relatively young and will continue to improve, gain strength, and he should become more durable.

He should even start PKing as soon as this fall.
He has been in the league for 6 years now. The impressive streaks are followed by long droughts. At this stage he should be far more consistent then he is. He very well may get better or maybe he is what he is. Not locking a guy like this for 6 years sorry with this much uncertainty after more than a good amount of time in the league.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
So a guy that for the better part of the last 6/7 years is good for 25=30 goals a year (LY not counting) is not consistent but other guys that disappear for 10/15 games at a time get a pass. He is on pace for 30 goals again this year in a down year according to some. When it comes to this board opinion is based on whether people like a player or not instead of actual results.
My point stands

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
He has been in the league for 6 years now. The impressive streaks are followed by long droughts. At this stage he should be far more consistent then he is. He very well may get better or maybe he is what he is. Not locking a guy like this for 6 years sorry with this much uncertainty after more than a good amount of time in the league.
But he also has less than 4 years worth of regular season games and is still only 23 years old. It’s not like he made the league at 21 and is 27…

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad