Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Until this team drafts it’s own Leetch or Richter or HOPEFULLY an elite forward I don’t care how many games they lose or how bad they are and I CERTAINLY have zero desire to add high priced UFAs into that mix.

Tom Petty: “The waiting is the hardest part”

Yeah no shit.

But it’s the ONLY way to do this correctly

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Until this team drafts it’s own Leetch or Richter or HOPEFULLY an elite forward I don’t care how many games they lose or how bad they are and I CERTAINLY have zero desire to add high priced UFAs into that mix.

Tom Petty: “The waiting is the hardest part”

Yeah no ****.

But it’s the ONLY way to do this correctly

We drafted Richter V2.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If this team signed EK it’d be the most pissed I’d ever be buying someone’s jersey.

But for real, see this through for at least another year JG.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
I would personally choose Erik Karlsson over Artemi Panarin if only one were possible. We all know that when a UFA forward comes to NY they almost never pan out. Sign EK, bring back Zucc on a short term deal and hope Kravtsov comes over and becomes our scoring winger for the next 10 years.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kakko, Trouba —> Panarin. The first two are independent variables, Panarin is depended on if both happened.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I don't want to sign Panarin, Karlsson, John Cena, or Jesus Christ himself to 7/84 where the plan the first two years is to keep losing.

20 years after the height of the Rangers Country Club and 15 years after it was purged it has somehow become the operating plan going forward to put elite players in puragtory in hopes they wont play that hard so 3 years from now maybe they can start trying again.

OR you can just have a normal rebuild

what. the. f***.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I'm glad Chytil, Andersson, and Howden have more or less sucked noodles this year, because it should leave no doubt that even marginal winning next year isn't remotely viable.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Love it. Banking on Tanking for the top pick. All the eggs into that basket. Lose forever until you get that pick, who may or may not workout. Do a disservice to the multitude of kids you have already drafted by stripping the team of every established veteran and not adding any premium talent to them. Throw them to the wolves and screw their development because the ultimate goal is a #1 pick above all else.

Got news for you, those 1st round picks are still 1st round picks. They still hold more value over a 3rd or a 4th or so on. They wouldnt have been deafted as high if they didnt hold more weight. And guess what they are already here logging NHL minutes. So should we waste their prime years of development because they werent Dahlin or Hughes or Kakko?

Some here would be ok with losing forever. I get the frustration, but I wonder if those people would be happier with getting the #1 pick, being an embarassment over 82 games as Ottawa has been, than winning a Cup. And dont come at me with the way we have been doing it hasnt been working. We had an incredible group from 2012-2015. They came close multiple seasons. We didnt have a 1st overall pick in there.

So sick of being force fed that there is only one way this rebuild can and should happen because some guy posts the same bullshit over and over again as if he as seen the future. He knows.

Feed the kids the wolves. Strip the team down with the hope of getting the #1 pick. Waste the development years of the kids we have drafted. Be the Edmonton Oilers.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Love it. Banking on Tanking for the top pick. All the eggs into that basket. Lose forever until you get that pick, who may or may not workout. Do a disservice to the multitude of kids you have already drafted by stripping the team of every established veteran and not adding any premium talent to them. Throw them to the wolves and screw their development because the ultimate goal is a #1 pick above all else.

Got news for you, those 1st round picks are still 1st round picks. They still hold more value over a 3rd or a 4th or so on. They wouldnt have been deafted as high if they didnt hold more weight. And guess what they are already here logging NHL minutes. So should we waste their prime years of development because they werent Dahlin or Hughes or Kakko?

Some here would be ok with losing forever. I get the frustration, but I wonder if those people would be happier with getting the #1 pick, being an embarassment over 82 games as Ottawa has been, than winning a Cup. And dont come at me with the way we have been doing it hasnt been working. We had an incredible group from 2012-2015. They came close multiple seasons. We didnt have a 1st overall pick in there.

So sick of being force fed that there is only one way this rebuild can and should happen because some guy posts the same bull**** over and over again as if he as seen the future. He knows.

Feed the kids the wolves. Strip the team down with the hope of getting the #1 pick. Waste the development years of the kids we have drafted. Be the Edmonton Oilers.
100% correct
It’s the nature of this forum though, even fans of contenders are fantasizing about tearing it down and tanking for prospects who will perhaps one day be good enough to trade once they turn 25 so they can do the same thing all over again

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'm glad Chytil, Andersson, and Howden have more or less sucked noodles this year, because it should leave no doubt that even marginal winning next year isn't remotely viable.
And they will continue to not progress forward if they dont have established talent to learn from and play with.

Throw a bunch of kids on the ice and hope they learn what it takes to have their talent emerge at the NHL level on their own. Or better yet add shitty untalented NHL vets who were never stars in this league to show them the way.

I wonder who that sounds like...

Oh yeah, Edmonton, Buffalo, etc.

The only people who are a “glutton for punishment” are Chytil, Andersson, Howden, etc. They are the ones getting the short end of the stick here.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
RGY, I have no idea why you think it's necessary to have 'stars' teach kids how to play. The counterexamples to this number in the hundreds, if not thousands.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't want to sign Panarin, Karlsson, John Cena, or Jesus Christ himself to 7/84 where the plan the first two years is to keep losing.

20 years after the height of the Rangers Country Club and 15 years after it was purged it has somehow become the operating plan going forward to put elite players in puragtory in hopes they wont play that hard so 3 years from now maybe they can start trying again.

OR you can just have a normal rebuild

what. the. ****.

This x10000000

Except for Cena.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Everyone can have their own opinions about what we should or shouldn’t do. That’s cool and we should never lose that.

However, I vote we ban comparisons to the Edmonton Oilers.

:)
Thats great Edge, but when you (not you personall) want to strip it down thats exactly the direction you are going in.
RGY, I have no idea why you think it's necessary to have 'stars' teach kids how to play. The counterexamples to this number in the hundreds, if not thousands.
Provide the thousands of examples. And also I would like to see how many successful prospects blossomed into NHL players who didnt have talented vets to learn from, not a Crosby or Malkin. Its not about teaching them how to play. They know how to play hockey. Its a number of factors. Showing them how to navigate the NHL level of play so their talents dont go to waste. Having an established talented vet take the pressure off the kids, having the other teams gameplan for them instead.

Show me the examples. Id like to know. Otherwise we are setting these kids up for failure.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Thats great Edge, but when you (not you personall) want to strip it down thats exactly the direction you are going in.

Provide the thousands of examples. And also I would like to see how many successful prospects blossomed into NHL players who didnt have talented vets to learn from. Its not about teaching them how to play. They know how to play hockey. Its a number of factors. Showing them how to navigate the NHL level of play so their talents dont go to waste. Having an established talented vet take the pressure off the kids, having the other teams gameplan for them instead.

Show me the examples. Id like to know. Otherwise we are setting these kids up for failure.

The entire Pittsburgh Penguins Organization.

Unless you think the dozen games they got from Mario in 2005-06 were huge for them.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I meant to say and already edited to add with the exception of Crosby and Malkin or are generational talents.

I want to know who is going to guide the A-, B+ prospects.
the entire roster of the Florida Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad