RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
CriminalSoupyAlaskajingle-max-1mb.gif

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
I like how the last Roster thread was titled "Time To Say Goodbye" and it ended up filled in less than a week without having said goodbye to anyone yet.
:laugh:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
You know what? f*** trading Zuccarello. What will we get for him, realistically? A 2nd rounder (worthless in Rangers hands) and a b-level prospect? Or maybe a late 1st? Neither of which, in all likelihood, will ever become half the player Zucc is today? Not to mention Zucc is a heart and soul guy, a guy loved by the fans and a guy who LOVES being a New York Ranger. You gonna do him dirty by trading him to Canadian Siberia or Florida or whatever? Is it worth selling the soul of your team for some "assets" that 5 years from now will have amounted to nothing?

Trade Hayes, trade Names, trade Vesey, even Shattenkirk, but I say give Zucc a 3-4 year extension and make him the permanent A. It won't hurt our rebuild, it will only help Zibanejad or Kreider or whatever youngster you play him with anyway.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
An offer sheet for Marner is risky business considering its not like a trade where you can protect yourself with a bottom 5-10 finish. I love Marner but IDK if I love him that much. One has to think that Nylander is a goner in the offseason or unless Dubas thinks having Nylander on a "cheaper" contract than Marner allows them more maneuverability going forward. That's going to be interesting for sure. If they want to get really serious about a cup, that defensive core has to be addressed.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
You know what? **** trading Zuccarello. What will we get for him, realistically? A 2nd rounder (worthless in Rangers hands) and a b-level prospect? Or maybe a late 1st? Neither of which, in all likelihood, will ever become half the player Zucc is today? Not to mention Zucc is a heart and soul guy, a guy loved by the fans and a guy who LOVES being a New York Ranger. You gonna do him dirty by trading him to Canadian Siberia or Florida or whatever? Is it worth selling the soul of your team for some "assets" that 5 years from now will have amounted to nothing?

Trade Hayes, trade Names, trade Vesey, even Shattenkirk, but I say give Zucc a 3-4 year extension and make him the permanent A. It won't hurt our rebuild, it will only help Zibanejad or Kreider or whatever youngster you play him with anyway.
If we are so enamored with bringing him back next year, then he can come resign here in July. We are in phase one of the rebuild which also means we are still in the accumulate assets stage. Shatty the earliest I see him getting moved is next TDL. Vesey is a guy who's probably better off with us and even Names. I would trade both of those guys in the right deal. Meaning trading Vesey for a 4th and Names for like a 3rd doesn't really help.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You know what? **** trading Zuccarello. What will we get for him, realistically? A 2nd rounder (worthless in Rangers hands) and a b-level prospect? Or maybe a late 1st? Neither of which, in all likelihood, will ever become half the player Zucc is today? Not to mention Zucc is a heart and soul guy, a guy loved by the fans and a guy who LOVES being a New York Ranger. You gonna do him dirty by trading him to Canadian Siberia or Florida or whatever? Is it worth selling the soul of your team for some "assets" that 5 years from now will have amounted to nothing?

His return will help the rebuild more than he will.

His next contract is going to be a bad one for who ever gives it to him. Hopefully it won’t be here

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC

His next contract is going to be a bad one for who ever gives it to him. Hopefully it won’t be here
Be very careful, the bat signal just went up and a certain somebody is about to come online and attack you for failing to see how valuable Zucc is to the team on the ice and off the ice and at the box office. You have been warned..... :sarcasm:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

His return has a <1% chance of ever being as good as he is now. He's 31 years old. He's not Dan Boyle. He can contribute to our rebuild. Unless you think our rebuild will take more than 5 years? In that case a young 4th liner or 3rd pair d-man isn't gonna make that much of a difference anyway.

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
would anyone take on a retained lucic along with a pulijarvi? its risky but might be worth it puljivarvi turns out to be a stud.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The talk about offer sheets must be click baits.

It would make some sense to offer sheet someone in the 2nd round range. Get a player with some luggage or someone that isn’t that liked somewhere for 4m per and 2nd round pick. Kind of like some teams walking away from arbitration awards in regards to players in some situations, I recon some teams would just cut the losses and take the 2nd. But obviously teams don’t think it’s worth the hazzle.

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick range was also discussed when they changed the rules, 6-8m. And sure there are players that a) are worth those 3 picks and b) that are playing for teams with cap issues that wouldn’t match in the 6-8m range — but very few of those players would c) make sense getting on a 6-8m contract for the three picks...

Who is willing to give Marner 13m per AND give up 4 first round picks? And go through that process? Would really surprise me if we see an offer sheet for Marner...

Reactions: NYRKING30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad