Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLII Time for Curtis Lazar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Carter hardly qualifies, since it was really 2 assets, not anything resembling a bunch. I said almost never, because I had thought of Pronger too.

There are plenty of examples of it not resulting in Cups... starting with Gretzky to LA. Sometimes, the big name being acquired is young himself, like Eric Lindros. We also traded 4 quality young/future assets for Nash. Jagr to Washington. Thornton to San Jose. Kovalchuk to NJ.

Maybe it's just a perception in my head more than a statistical reality, but I just don't think it works out the way teams intend very often.
I mean, yeah. When the metric is winning the Stanley Cup or not, there's obviously going to be more misses than hits.

Reactions: Krams

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Carter hardly qualifies, since it was really 2 assets, not anything resembling a bunch. I said almost never, because I had thought of Pronger too.

There are plenty of examples of it not resulting in Cups... starting with Gretzky to LA. Sometimes, the big name being acquired is young himself, like Eric Lindros. We also traded 4 quality young/future assets for Nash. Jagr to Washington. Thornton to San Jose. Kovalchuk to NJ.

Maybe it's just a perception in my head more than a statistical reality, but I just don't think it works out the way teams intend very often.
I mean, only 1 out of 31 teams win every year, so you can end pretty much describe EVERY possible move as "teams that [XXX] almost never win Cups." :)

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Whichever team wins the SC this year will have an asterisk next to its name. Hell, could you imagine if we won? Other fans will try to delegitimize it. It'll be the new "You won the Cup with a bunch of former Oilers."

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I’d rather see Eichel Bread man and Zbad Krieder than see strome breadman and a slightly above average third line.
They will probably not be able to repeat it, but I hope people understand that Panarin-Strome-Fast was literally the best 5v5 line in the league this season. They were better than Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak and Stamkos-Point-Kucherov both by GF% and xGF%. Getting Eichel to center that line is highly unlikely generate superior results than this season, though it would probably increase the probability of a similar result.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I’d rather see Eichel Bread man and Zbad Krieder than see strome breadman and a slightly above average third line.
Thats what you got from that whole post? Talking about looking at things in a vacuum.

Above average 3rd line? Chytil has at his floor the capability to be an excellent 3rd line producer. What else are we throwing in there? Lets say its DeAngelo, who is our best offensive defenseman at age 24. How about the (2) 1st round picks that I can tell you right now will not be 31st overall when they subtract multiple pieces from their roster for one guy and who they cant replace due to cap constraints because of said one guy’s incoming contract. We are not winning the cup by depleting our depth.

I refuse to be Edmonton that has had McDavid for years now AND Draisaitl and cant put together anything behind them. And thats with them not dealing multiple pieces for one player.

The Rangers have the elite players. Panarin and Zibanejad. Just like most cup teams have. They have usually 2 elite forwards and then they fill in behind with a lot of good forwards with the cap being spread out amongst the group. Depth wins championships. Not 2 line teams.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Whichever team wins the SC this year will have an asterisk next to its name. Hell, could you imagine if we won? Other fans will try to delegitimize it. It'll be the new "You won the Cup with a bunch of former Oilers."

I would gladly take it like every other fan base has taken any lockout Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad