Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Watching the last few games of DAL/STL was giving me flashbacks to the 2014 SC Finals against the Kings. STL used its size just like the Kings did to us to wear down and batter the Stars. Which makes me pray we get to draft Kakko. And I really hope we continue down the path of building a heavy team with speed. The Blues really don't have a ton of secondary scoring. They don't have a star offensive D like Doughty, Karlsson, Burns, etc. Not only made did their size make it a series but it won them the series.
I think Parayko is starting to get some consideration around the league. There is some drop off in talent between lines 1 and 2, but they’ve always had phenomenal forward depth. Where was Steen playing, third line?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I am listening to the SportsNet Hockey Centreal Radio Show on the NHL Network. Nick Kypreos said it's his understanding that Zuccarello will re-sign with the Stars. Jeff Marek. John Shannon. Brian Burke. Kyper is on the phone discussing the Stars series. Kyper said Zuccarello was a great pick up and he will be staying in Dallas so the Rangers will get one first rounder out of the trade.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I am listening to the SportsNet Hockey Centreal Radio Show on the NHL Network. Nick Kypreos said it's his understanding that Zuccarello will re-sign with the Stars. Jeff Marek. John Shannon. Brian Burke. Kyper is on the phone discussing the Stars series. Kyper said Zuccarello was a great pick up and he will be staying in Dallas so the Rangers will get one first rounder out of the trade.

That would be fantastic. 2 first rounders this year and next year sets up this run perfectly.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

I'll take it. 2020 is supposed to be a deeper draft than this one, and the best since 2003. Maybe all along, it's good that the Stars actually lost the series against the Blues?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Did Kypreos confirm this with Webster?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'd look into Savard from CBJ.. they are going to need some re-tooling

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Man, we go through these roster threads like toilet paper. Mods may need to start purchasing the 1000 sheets per roll kind.

Reactions: Kupo

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Who is Kyper's source on this one?

He was certain.
It's pretty clear if you think about it for like a second. Kypreos played on the 1994 Rangers with Ed Olczyk. Olczyk played on the 1997-98 Penguins with Tyler Wright. Tyler Wright was an OG Blue Jacket with Espen Knudsen. Espen Knudsen is Norweigan, and all Norweigans know each other.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It obviously sucks Dallas lost last night, but him getting to play 13 playoff games, and being one of their best players in a fairly long playoff run is pretty good news for us.

Hard to imagine they keep him if he breaks his arm, and they go out in say 5-6 games vs Nashville in the first round.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Dallas will have room to resign him. Im assuming here that Spezza ($7.5 Mil) is done. Back to back 20 pt seasons.

Wonder what kind of money Zucc will be looking for?

Reactions: egelband

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Gonna be a great off season for the Rangers regardless of Dallas not advancing to the WCF. Them resigning Zucc would be the cherry on top.

Kreider will be moved at the draft or after July 1 with an extension. Either way, I expect at least a 1st round pick out of a Kreider trade, and even more assets if he is extended & traded.

Gorton also has 4 more expiring assets he can use as ammo for more picks, prospects, or draft capital. Expect him to shop those aggressively.

We're gonna go after Panarin hard. Of course there's lots of talk of him going to Florida with coach Q, but the allure of NYC is nothing to scoff at. Many have expressed that signing Panarin would be a "huge mistake", that it would cut the rebuild short and prevent this franchise from being able to select multiple top 5 picks. I disagree with this on so many levels.

First being, there is so much parity in the league these days that one player is NOT the difference from a bottom feeder to being a bubble team. Before the season started you wouldn't have guessed that LA and NJ would be bottom of the barrel teams. They ended up there due to the injury bug and/or some pretty shit years from their star players.

The other method of "tanking for the best pick possible" has instilled a culture of losing and reeks of mismanagement for the likes of Buffalo and Edmonton. Those franchises have dug themselves in such a hole that they are still wondering if they have hit rock bottom yet. Ironically, these teams have some of the most talented young players in the entire league, but I'm supposed to believe that Panarin will stop the Rangers from suffering the same fate?

Which leads me to my next point. You need to surround your youth with talented veterans so they aren't thrown to the wolves and can develop at healthy pace. Part of the reason why Edmonton and Buffalo has floundered with so many #1 picks is they expected these kids to come in and crush the league without too many difficulties. Expecting players like Kakko, Kravtsov, Fox, Chytil, Andersson, Howden etc to step right in and play big minutes will stunt their growth big time. Sure they are definitely talented kids, but adjusting to the NA/NHL game will still cause unforseen difficulties that these kids will need to tackle without also being wholly depended on for the teams success at the same time.

The amount of talented vets the team has lost over the past half season, and will continue to lose will not be entirely offset by just signing Panarin. But establishing a veteran foundation for the team to build around will be vital to the success of rebuild and the franchise going forward.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Gonna be a great off season for the Rangers regardless of Dallas not advancing to the WCF. Them resigning Zucc would be the cherry on top.

Kreider will be moved at the draft or after July 1 with an extension. Either way, I expect at least a 1st round pick out of a Kreider trade, and even more assets if he is extended & traded.

Gorton also has 4 more expiring assets he can use as ammo for more picks, prospects, or draft capital. Expect him to shop those aggressively.

We're gonna go after Panarin hard. Of course there's lots of talk of him going to Florida with coach Q, but the allure of NYC is nothing to scoff at. Many have expressed that signing Panarin would be a "huge mistake", that it would cut the rebuild short and prevent this franchise from being able to select multiple top 5 picks. I disagree with this on so many levels.

First being, there is so much parity in the league these days that one player is NOT the difference from a bottom feeder to being a bubble team. Before the season started you wouldn't have guessed that LA and NJ would be bottom of the barrel teams. They ended up there due to the injury bug and/or some pretty **** years from their star players.

The other method of "tanking for the best pick possible" has instilled a culture of losing and reeks of mismanagement for the likes of Buffalo and Edmonton. Those franchises have dug themselves in such a hole that they are still wondering if they have hit rock bottom yet. Ironically, these teams have some of the most talented young players in the entire league, but I'm supposed to believe that Panarin will stop the Rangers from suffering the same fate?

Which leads me to my next point. You need to surround your youth with talented veterans so they aren't thrown to the wolves and can develop at healthy pace. Part of the reason why Edmonton and Buffalo has floundered with so many #1 picks is they expected these kids to come in and crush the league without too many difficulties. Expecting players like Kakko, Kravtsov, Fox, Chytil, Andersson, Howden etc to step right in and play big minutes will stunt their growth big time. Sure they are definitely talented kids, but adjusting to the NA/NHL game will still cause unforseen difficulties that these kids will need to tackle without also being wholly depended on for the teams success at the same time.

The amount of talented vets the team has lost over the past half season, and will continue to lose will not be entirely offset by just signing Panarin. But establishing a veteran foundation for the team to build around will be vital to the success of rebuild and the franchise going forward.

This is my argument for signing Panarin.

I definitely think Kreider will be moved, regardless if he signs a new contract or not. Unless, they don't end up getting Panarin.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad