Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLII Time for Curtis Lazar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He's exactly the type of player Gorton should go hard after if he were indeed available. All of the depth and prospects he has accrued over the last 3-4 years can't all play on this team.
No, they can't. But neither will be the assortment of contracts collected with him on the team.

Reactions: pld459666

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Either Kreider or Zibanajad will be captain. I always like how Zib pushes people at practice, making sure they don't cheat the drills and put the effort in. Kreider is more your typical captain.
Gut says ZBad, but keep thinking it should be Kreider. Not afraid to call people out, big locker room presence.....
Eichel isn't coming here y'all can stop dreaming, there's too many barriers.
No, he's not.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Of the guys who are set to become free agents after today if they don't sign, who are you interested in?

Curtis Douglas is the only guy who I know something about. He's huge at 6'9; new to the C position; he's only 20; and he went 30/30 in 62 games in the OHL.

Gio Vallati was great for Kitchener before he was dealt. Allen McShane put up some very good stats...

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Of the guys who are set to become free agents after today if they don't sign, who are you interested in?

Curtis Douglas is the only guy who I know something about. He's huge at 6'9; new to the C position; he's only 20; and he went 30/30 in 62 games in the OHL.

Gio Vallati was great for Kitchener before he was dealt. Allen McShane put up some very good stats...

I really like Aktell personally. He was great on a surprisingly good Björklöven team this season, to the point where they were in a good spot for promotion until the pandemic ruined everything. He signed with Växjö so will be in the SHL himself despite his team not getting an opportunity

Reactions: egelband

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
In case any of you want some stupidity to laugh at, came across this on the main boards:

"So from the looks of it Kapo Kakko might be done as an NHL player after he's been diagnosed with diabetes and celiac disease: Genuine concern for the Rangers Kaapo Kakko when play resumes - Forever Blueshirts: A site for New York Rangers fanatics Says he's in great danger of dying from the corona virus if he gets it. This doesn't look good for his future and it's pretty safe to say that Kakko will never reach his draft potential."

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I'm not going to pretend to be a doctor, but I'd be surprised if Kakko plays in the playoffs.

This kid is going to define the next decade for this team. If there's even a sliver of a chance his health can be compromised, I don't see how in good faith the team can have him play.

JD has already said they're going to listen to science on this one, if Domi doesn't play, can't imagine Kakko will be either

Kakko may not like it but that's just the reality unfortunately

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
In case any of you want some stupidity to laugh at, came across this on the main boards:

"So from the looks of it Kapo Kakko might be done as an NHL player after he's been diagnosed with diabetes and celiac disease: Genuine concern for the Rangers Kaapo Kakko when play resumes - Forever Blueshirts: A site for New York Rangers fanatics Says he's in great danger of dying from the corona virus if he gets it. This doesn't look good for his future and it's pretty safe to say that Kakko will never reach his draft potential."

Different article yet You chimed into the thread reviewing this same topic over the weekend. Lol Apparently you never read the thread.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I'm not going to pretend to be a doctor, but I'd be surprised if Kakko plays in the playoffs.

This kid is going to define the next decade for this team. If there's even a sliver of a chance his health can be compromised, I don't see how in good faith the team can have him play.

JD has already said they're going to listen to science on this one, if Domi doesn't play, can't imagine Kakko will be either

Kakko may not like it but that's just the reality unfortunately

To be clear, this person isn't talking about the playoffs this year. This person is essentially saying Kakko's career is over.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'm making fun of this person for being an idiot. Would you like me to make fun of you too? I can assure you, it won't be difficult.

thanks for your contributions in the Kakko thread which made mention of the tweet and ed mentioned the risks. You missed all of that yet contributed this gem. Awesome

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Haahahahaha it gets even better:

"Why would the Rangers ever draft a player 2nd overall that has both diabetes and celiac disease?! That doesn't make any sense... I mean how are you going to handle a stiff elbow to the head if you can't even handle gluten and sugar?!"

Kappo Kakko is in the corona risk group: Diagnosed with diabetes and celiac disease.

That person is well known on the main boards for making the most ridiculous threads. Sometimes, when you see someone else make a ridiculous thread, you'll see someone comment that they're surprised it's not a Mulletman thread.

Best to ignore it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If we signed Jensen from our reserve list, he wouldn't be eligible for the playoffs, right?

He would be. For play off eligibility, a player has to be on a team's reserve list or signed at the trade deadline. Jensen's situation in that regard is no different than Makar's last season with Colorado

Reactions: Avery16

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
That person is well known on the main boards for making the most ridiculous threads. Sometimes, when you see someone else make a ridiculous thread, you'll see someone comment that they're surprised it's not a Mulletman thread.

Best to ignore it.

I'd never heard of them before, but yeah, i did see some people in the thread say similar.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Why do you think that a player who left North American hockey won't want to return for quarantining with a bunch of strangers for 1-8 weeks of hockey?
I dunno...least commitment possible for a chance to win the Stanley Cup and set yourself up for a big payday?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

You’ve just been Mulletman’d.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad