Not open for further replies.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Drafts without a first rounder...

younger-tv-land.gif

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Still very important to try to find at least one good player in drafts with scarce picks.

In those four straight years, the first two drafts we got a good player in the mid rounds (Buchnevich, Shesterkin) and then in the next two we found only disappointments, although we didn't know Saarela wouldn't be an NHL player until after he was dealt.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Any chance we trade into the end of the first? Lambert is set to drop and our scouts have done really well with late firsts

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I do not want the Devils to keep their pick. I do not want them to have Shane Wright
Wright doesn't worry me. 2nd line center at the NHL level, IMO.

Where is the playing time for Hughes, Hischier, and Wright? I can see the Devils trading the pick or trading down as well. One of the Czech RHD's screams Devils player to me.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Wright doesn't worry me. 2nd line center at the NHL level, IMO.

Where is the playing time for Hughes, Hischier, and Wright? I can see the Devils trading the pick or trading down as well. One of the Czech RHD's screams Devils player to me.
One Czech RHD and one Slovak RHD. Please respect the Velvet Divorce.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
One Czech RHD and one Slovak RHD. Please respect the Velvet Divorce.
I got my former communist central European territories mixed up. Apologies.

Next thing you're going to tell me is that Slavkovsky is not Serbian...

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Any chance we trade into the end of the first? Lambert is set to drop and our scouts have done really well with late firsts
Doubtful. We don't have the picks to trade up from the late 2nd round, there's little point in trading prospects for picks, and any players we might trade off the roster are more likely to return players than picks.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Panarin cannot go back to Russia under any circumstance. He will be detained immediately.

I mean, what happens if a player like Kravtsov is kidnapped in the dead of night and forced back to Russia? Does his contract come off the books? The NHL needs a plan on how they're going to to deal with this possibility, especially if higher profile players with larger cap hits are involved.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean, what happens if a player like Kravtsov is kidnapped in the dead of night and forced back to Russia? Does his contract come off the books? The NHL needs a plan on how they're going to to deal with this possibility, especially if higher profile players with larger cap hits are involved.
They'll wait until it happens and then slowly react like they do with everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad