Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXIV: 2021: “The Fun has begun” or “Over & done”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think you pretty much answered your question with the first statement and the fact that our keystone center see an unprecedented fall-off of close to 80 points per 82 games.

I don’t think that’s the only problem, not by a long shot. But it’s a hell of a crater too.

Oh I fully agree with you there lol.

But whereas in baseball I imagine you can put the entire blame on a pitcher not pitching well, you cannot do the same in hockey.

This team haven’t played well at all. And a big reason for us playing like crap is the coach. When you play like crap, your players (not only Ziba, but Panarin too) won’t score a lot.

Your buds will get away with it this season, throw the players under the bus. They are already paving the way in order to be able to do the same next season to buy some more time. Who is next, Kakko? The goalies? And surely, if they just can get rid of all the rotten eggs like Ziba and co DQs work will pay off and we will see results! Right?

But I think it will be hard to fend of the wrath of the fans next season if the team performs like I think it will. That is the one positive thing I can see right now.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Oh I fully agree with you there lol.

But whereas in baseball I imagine you can put the entire blame on a pitcher not pitching well, you cannot do the same in hockey.

This team haven’t played well at all. And a big reason for us playing like crap is the coach. When you play like crap, your players (not only Ziba, but Panarin too) won’t score a lot.

Your buds will get away with it this season, throw the players under the bus. They are already paving the way in order to be able to do the same next season to buy some more time. Who is next, Kakko? The goalies? And surely, if they just can get rid of all the rotten eggs like Ziba and co DQs work will pay off and we will see results! Right?

But I think it will be hard to fend of the wrath of the fans next season if the team performs like I think it will. That is the one positive thing I can see right now.

I think we’re over-simplifying this a bit, but to your point about changes - I think there will be quite a few on the horizon.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Coming from someone that has pounded the pulpit to carry a lower cap and avoid big deals until we are contenders. As someone that has been saying plan for a rainy day since Trouba was a rumor, I think the NHL will get the cap to rise sooner than projected.

They found new ad revenue streams, the new TV deal will increase tv subscriptions, sports betting, and they are getting creative in general with opportunities.

I'm not advocating anything. The Rangers have always done better with restraints.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think we’re over-simplifying this a bit, but to your point about changes - I think there will be quite a few on the horizon.

Yeah your buds will be super successful I am sure. All the players will be super loyal to the organization given how classy it is and how well it treats its players. If we just get rid of the rotten eggs and replace them with players that will just shoot the pucks the results will come.

Tell them to keep up the good work!:popcorn:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah your buds will be super successful I am sure. All the players will be super loyal to the organization given how classy it is and how well it treats its players. If we just get rid of the rotten eggs and replace them with players that will just shoot the pucks the results will come.

Tell them to keep up the good work!:popcorn:
quit being such a f***ing knob ola

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Like anything else, cost is a big part of the equation. If we start getting insanely high, that really impacts the interest level.

The UFA thing I feel like would be less of an issue because I think the Rangers would make a move to sign him long-term.

But to your point, context is always key.
My one other concern about Larkin aside from his soon-pending UFA status is that I am positive Yzerman would actually try to f*** this team over out of spite because of us winning the draft lottery.

Reactions: wafflepadsave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad