Rosen/Borgman injury update anyone

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Curious if anyone knew if either will be back soon. Dying to see Maricin sent down in favor of one of them. Thought I read Rosen was close?

Also I know you don't wanna rush guys but Sandin deserves the call over Marincin.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Last I heard they were skating with the Marlies, but they did not play last not.

Borgman is recovering from a concussion and rosen is from an injured foot.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Timing for this sucks. Would have been a great chance to see Rosen in the NHL for a solid ~10 game stretch while Dermott's out. Would have given us a much better understanding of what we might be able to expect out of him next year.

Borgman I think is gone in the offseason, so not as big a deal.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
People don't seem to understand Borgman isn't really that good, especially not compared to Marincin. He'd be a downgrade on Marincin quite a bit.

Rosen should be back fairly soon.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
People don't seem to understand Borgman isn't really that good, especially not compared to Marincin. He'd be a downgrade on Marincin quite a bit.

I wish this wasn't true, but it is. It's hard to accept because Marincin is barely NHL quality (if at all). So people want another option, and would happily take Borgman. But the truth is Marincin is the better choice.

I wish we could have gone the rest of the season and playoffs without having to see any of Rosen/Borgman/Marincin/Holl. But here we are.

Reactions: smitty10

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

Borgman is a downgrade on Marincin!!!!

Are we being serious here. Borgman although not perfect, I would not say he's a downgrade. I still don't get why they sent him down last season when he played the majority of games like he did to start. He was getting his feet wet in a new league. He's one of the few dmen we have that can throw his weight around and is effective at it.

With the right partner he can be much better then Marincin. Sorry I don't agree.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I wish this wasn't true, but it is. It's hard to accept because Marincin is barely NHL quality (if at all). So people want another option, and would happily take Borgman. But the truth is Marincin is the better choice.

I wish we could have gone the rest of the season and playoffs without having to see any of Rosen/Borgman/Marincin/Holl. But here we are.

Are we being serious here. Borgman although not perfect, I would not say he's a downgrade. I still don't get why they sent him down last season when he played the majority of games like he did to start. He was getting his feet wet in a new league. He's one of the few dmen we have that can throw his weight around and is effective at it.

With the right partner he can be much better then Marincin. Sorry I don't agree.

Completely disagree. And yes I'm 100% serious. Borgman isn't very good and a downgrade on Marincin.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Completely disagree. And yes I'm 100% serious. Borgman isn't very good and a downgrade on Marincin.

Based on what? Marincin skates better? No. Hits better? No. Offensively gifted? No. So what exactly is he better at? His height and reach!!! That's probably the only thing.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Based on what? Marincin skates better? No. Hits better? No. Offensively gifted? No. So what exactly is he better at? His height and reach!!! That's probably the only thing.

Marincin is basically better at defending and isn't always out of position. Borgman is slightly faster but isn't much better at anything else.

Neither are very good though so I'm not sure why you're up in arms.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Marincin is basically better at defending and isn't always out of position. Borgman is slightly faster but isn't much better at anything else.

Neither are very good though so I'm not sure why you're up in arms.

I just find Marincin has no lateral movement. Gets beat way too much especially if his reach is a non-factor. Borgman at least has the speed to make up for his defensive deficiencies. And I like the fear that Borgman puts into the opposition with his hits. Marincin doesn't do that for me.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I just find Marincin has no lateral movement. Gets beat way too much especially if his reach is a non-factor. Borgman at least has the speed to make up for his defensive deficiencies. And I like the fear that Borgman puts into the opposition with his hits. Marincin doesn't do that for me.

Borgman can't prevent zone entries like Marincin can.

Marincin is a literal black hole offensively but he at least provides value on the back end.

Borgman is going to be in europe in 2 years.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Borgman can't prevent zone entries like Marincin can.

Marincin is a literal black hole offensively but he at least provides value on the back end.

Borgman is going to be in europe in 2 years.

Funny you say Marincin prevents zone entries better then Borgman. I just don't see it. I see him beat along the boards consistently. Where if I remember correctly, Borgman always rubs the entry player out coming in along the boards.

Marincin is way too slow. Hal Gill part 2.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Judging purely on the games played at the NHL level, I think Borgman visually brought more to the table, but the net effect of the two players is similar.

I do, however, feel Borgman has plenty of room to grow, whereas MM has been given opportunity after opportunity at the NHL level. Some guys just can't make the jump. I was mildly impressed by Borgman when he first came. Can't say the same for MM at any point. NOTE: not an MM hater, by any stretch of the imagination... just feel that he is what he is at this point (#7/8 D)

member 300185

Are you sure you are not thinking of Holl? Borgman is in fact, a big downgrade from Marincin. I have yet to miss a marlies game.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
So, Rosen signed a 1-way contract did he not?

Reilly
Muzzin
Dermott

Is he getting the holl treatment next year, or is someone playing their off side?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Do we seriously not have anyone else other better than Marincin that's a LD?

Marincin is hot garbage. Leafs should've picked up a depth defenseman at the trade deadline for cheap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad