Value of: ROR to the Leafs at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
You guys are funny. There aren't many better #6s out there but keep the jokes coming.

This hot take brought to you by the guy who brought us "Samsonov and Murray are arguably the best tandem in the NHL" and then spent pages arguing his own personal definition of tandem which essentially narrowed down the list of other options to essentially nobody.

• Haha
Reactions: HipsCzech

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm looking at how the actual Blues coach uses him. It's not that complicated and it doesn't need to be dragged on this far. He's a winger who can play center. Simple as that.

You don't know how the coach uses him because like I said you watch them twice a year stop pretending you know better than Blues fan.

What you are doing is the equivalent of a Vegas fan trying to tell you about Josh Anderson.

You can't do that that's not how this works.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
This hot take brought to you by the guy who brought us "Samsonov and Murray are arguably the best tandem in the NHL" and then spent pages arguing his own personal definition of tandem which essentially narrowed down the list of other options to essentially nobody.
That was me? Check again. That would have been a great burn, if only it were true. When you try too hard you make mistakes.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You don't know how the coach uses him because like I said you watch them twice a year stop pretending you know better than Blues fan.

What you are doing is the equivalent of a Vegas fan trying to tell you about Josh Anderson.

You can't do that that's not how this works.

It's all good. I'm not falling into this trap and deeper. The Blues Coach is using him more on Wing than at Center. I don't need Blues fans to tell me about how the player is utilized. I repeat, it's not complicated, he is a winger who can play center. Domi is another type like that. There are many of them in the NHL. I smell sensitivity defense.

Nice try on the Anderson narrative but it don't fit. If a Knights fan tried to tell me Anderson is not a top 6F but is a middle 6F and that's how our coach utilizes him, I'd agree with them cause it's the actual reality. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: EquivalentStay

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
There is a lot of talking in the above post but no actual statistical proof to make the claim that sandin isn't one of the best # 6 D in the league. I'm shocked lol.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Were you too old to remember which poster you were talking about or too lazy to look it up?

• Haha
Reactions: Morbo

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wouldnt have brought it up before this game if I hadnt seen it before. Its exactly what I described and you argued it wouldnt happen. Boom next game it happens. You know who the leafs could have used tonight... ROR.

Well he's hurt right now so even if they had him, no they couldn't use him.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Well he's hurt right now so even if they had him, no they couldn't use him.
ROR is definitely on the IR. The funny thing about these injuries is if you go back through history, and this is true from every single team, guys who are about to be traded tend to take some time to get back so they don't "aggravate" the injury before they are traded. I have no doubt that ROR's injury will be fully healed by the time he goes to the team he's going to.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
ROR is definitely on the IR. The funny thing about these injuries is if you go back through history, and this is true from every single team, guys who are about to be traded tend to take some time to get back so they don't "aggravate" the injury before they are traded. I have no doubt that ROR's injury will be fully healed by the time he goes to the team he's going to.

All I'd want is him healthy for game 1 anything else is a bonus.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
ROR will be an energized monster when the playoffs start. He just has another gear when they start.

Reactions: bert

Mar 26, 2010
This is not going to happen. Leafs don’t have the cap, Also can’t see Dubas paying the kings ransom that STL would want.

Reactions: darrylsittler27

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
If Larkin is potentially availible then he is the player I'd want most even before Meier. ROR is past his prime and is likely a rental, but if the Leafs grab a younger player like Larkin or Meier it's likely they will extend them.

Reactions: Blaylock38

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
If a team gets ROR and plays him on the wing, how many games until I can educate St Louis fans on how hes definitely a winger and not a center?
He would be a center who is playing the wing. It's just that simple. If you ever played the game you would undestand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad