Proposal: ROR to HABS?

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
I’m in shock at how many people think RoR is worth the 3OA pick. Never mind just the pick people are asking for ++ :help:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I’m in shock at how many people think RoR is worth the 3OA pick. Never mind just the pick people are asking for ++ :help:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
O'Reilly is a top all around center in this league, in his prime with a contract that will pay less in real dollars after this year. He has also put up 60 pts in 2 out of three years on a garbage team. If you call on him, you know damn well it's going to cost you. If you are in our division and have nothing at the center position, it's gunna hurt like a mother f***er.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Teams are more inclined to trade a player they already drafted than an unused pick.

When was the last time a team traded a top 5 pick outright for a player. It has never happened. Teams have traded a too 5 pick to move up in the draft.

We have seen Jordan Stall and Schneider traded for a pick in the latter part of the too 10,

It’s unrealistic to think ROR will return a top 5 pick. A deal like Stall is the more realistic value.

I don't care what you, or Habs fans, believe is the "realistic" value. At the time of the Richards deal, Brayden Schenn had at least as much value as the idea of draft year Zadina. Buffalo is not trading ROR to a division rival for some of these turd packages being floated around here.

Also, your use of the Jordan Staal and Schneider deals are poor comparators. By the time Pittsburgh traded him, Staal had made clear that he wasn't considering an extension in Pittsburgh, and it was widely known that he wanted to go to Raleigh to play with his brother. Vancouver had Luongo and between he and Schneider, Vancouver was allocating nearly $10m in cap to their crease. There's no extenuating circumstances like those in ROR's case, and those were not in-division trades.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I don't care what you, or Habs fans, believe is the "realistic" value. At the time of the Richards deal, Brayden Schenn had at least as much value as the idea of draft year Zadina. Buffalo is not trading ROR to a division rival for some of these turd packages being floated around here.

Also, your use of the Jordan Staal and Schneider deals are poor comparators. By the time Pittsburgh traded him, Staal had made clear that he wasn't considering an extension in Pittsburgh, and it was widely known that he wanted to go to Raleigh to play with his brother. Vancouver had Luongo and between he and Schneider, Vancouver was allocating nearly $10m in cap to their crease. There's no extenuating circumstances like those in ROR's case, and those were not in-division trades.

Interestingly, I based my ROR proposal on the Richards deal.

3OA v Schenn
Poehling v Simmonds
2nd v 2nd

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
ROR isn’t comparable to Bergeron. Say it enough and click your heels and it will all be true.

144cea_02f79a457d5b448aa4bead5629d8eee3.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
ROR for #3 OA + cap dump( I.e. Shaw). I would say Price, but I think that Bergeron believes he still has value.

I'm not saying this is a good idea. Seems to me that BUF needs some veteran leadership, I.e. Scandella. Not sure if ROR is the guy to provide said leadership.

I think Mete and #3oa is too much, and unrealistic cap wise. Those ELC's are worth something.

Galchenyuk is exactly the guy that BUF shouldn't want. Suspect attitude, lousy defensive game...talented but not gutsy. Fairly big contract. A loser, IMO.

What MTL should do is offer Price and Galchenyuk. Perhaps Botterill will be blinded by Price's former glory and his need for a top line G.

Reactions: Chainshot

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Do not want either Price or Galchenyuk at their contracts and recent performances. It really is hard to see how we structure a deal with Montreal--we have enough long term contracts that weigh us down.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Is this the same Caco opinion which gave us the “Reinhart only scores Eichel tip ins” hot take?

I’ll take the stats.
Yes stats can totally prove that ROR = Bergeron. Now go convince anyone outside of the Buffalo HFBoards bubble that this makes sense.

Last edited:

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
If we are going to trade ROR I feel as though St. Louis and Carolina are better dance partners. The 3OA would have to be coming back, there really isn't much else Montreal has that really helps us immediately.

My feeling is we need multiple pieces for this to make sense. Ideally a replacement at center of lesser quality and a very good young piece (either winger for Eichel, or Top 4 D man) that has minimal development risk and who can step in and play as early as next season.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I'm a realist.

I have never addressed the fact Montreal is in yhe division. Just looking at 3OA mo matter who owned the pick.

T
A
Sure you dont want to trade him you ask for the sun and moon.

I dont think Montreal is a good trading partner because they have poor young system depth.

I do think buffalo will need to trade ROR when contracts are due for mittlesfadt, reinhart, and dahlin.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm a realist.

I have never addressed the fact Montreal is in yhe division. Just looking at 3OA mo matter who owned the pick.

T
A
Sure you dont want to trade him you ask for the sun and moon.

I dont think Montreal is a good trading partner because they have poor young system depth.

I do think buffalo will need to trade ROR when contracts are due for mittlesfadt, reinhart, and dahlin.

It’s not so much about Buffalo offering to Montreal as it is Montreal looking to fill the biggest single hole in their roster. If they want to do that within the division, they’re welcome to overpay all day every day.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Best I could come up with without asking for 3OA:
Lehkonen
Galchenyuk
Poehling
MTL 2nd 2018

for
ROR (with 1.5m retained)
Larsson
Fasching
BUF 4th 2018

Fixes our LW problem while Poehling hopefully steps in ROR's shoes at 3C and is solid there soon. Another early 2nd helps stockpile the prospect pipe with impact ELC's for the future when they will be needed. I'm sure many will hate it, but I think it makes some sense for both teams. For me none of Larsson, Fasching or 4th round pick have any significant value so losing any of them is very meh.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Lehkonen
Galchenyuk
Poehling
MTL 2nd 2018

for
ROR (with 1.5m retained)
Larsson
Fasching
BUF 4th 2018

Fixes our LW problem while Poehling hopefully steps in ROR's shoes at 3C and is solid there soon. Another early 2nd helps stockpile the prospect pipe with impact ELC's for the future when they will be needed. I'm sure many will hate it, but I think it makes some sense for both teams. For me none of Larsson, Fasching or 4th round pick have any significant value so losing any of them is very meh.
Stop it Marc

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Lehkonen
Galchenyuk
Poehling
MTL 2nd 2018

for
ROR (with 1.5m retained)
Larsson
Fasching
BUF 4th 2018

Thats a pretty gross return.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Trading ROR period is such a horrible idea unless we get a stupid overpay that I have no idea why people even bring it up as a hypothetical.

I mean...you can’t possibly not understand why it gets brought up.

Teams at the bottom with an atrocious room make changes to their broken core.

Aren’t moving Eichel
Can’t move Okposo

That leaves you with Reinhart who you have control over for 4 more years and you still aren’t sure which Reinhart he is yet. Ristolainen who might finally be on course to not be overused in situations he gets caved in playing. And RoR who publicly stated the team has made him lose his love for hockey, is a broken record about needing to be better while Rome burns around him and makes more money than his future position as 3C in Buffalo demands.

Say you don’t want to trade him because you want to shelter the younger Cs. But don’t pretend it’s ludicrous to bring him up. There’s a reason he is brought up nationally. No one expects the Sabres to leave the core together for a fourth year and subject two of the best prospects in the world to a core that got worse every year they were together.

Someone is going to go. Tell me who you think the most likely is.

I think it’s ludicrous to want to leave this team as is while bringing in kids and shuffling the ancillary pieces around them. Letting it ride for another year is a fast ticket out of town for everyone involved in the decision making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad