Proposal: ROR to Carolina

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
Buffalo acquires:

RHD Justin Faulk
LW Brock McGinn or F Warren Foegele
Conditional 2019 2nd or 3rd round pick (based if Lehner signs and performance based)

Or

LW Jeff Skinner
RHD Roland McKeown
Pick 42 overall
Conditional 2019 2nd or 3rd round pick (based if Lehner signs and performance based)

Carolina Acquires

C Ryan O'Reilly
G Robin Lehner ( RFA rights)

Last edited:

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
Absolutely horrific for Buffalo, JFC

A defenseman with two years left on his deal who can log over 20 minutes a night, can score, and play in the top four, and a tough grinding top nine LW with speed in McGinn is horrific for Buffalo?

Lehner also doesn't have the value of a guy like Grubauer, or Lindgren. He is a mere throw in here and probably gets something close to what Mrazek got for his rights.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
A defenseman with two years left on his deal who can log over 20 minutes a night, can score, and play in the top four, and a tough grinding top nine LW with speed in McGinn is horrific for Buffalo?

Lehner also doesn't have the value of a guy like Grubauer, or Lindgren. He is a mere throw in here and probably gets something close to what Mrazek got for his rights.

Bad for Carolina, as a result.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I could see a Skinner / ROR based deal, Carolina adds.

Skinner would be good on Eichels wing, and would put up 30+ (I think Skinners worst year was 24 goals).

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
There is a good chance that if a deal is actually reached between the two clubs, none of the fans are going to like the whole deal. I probably prefer the first of the OP's proposals. I think it more realistic as well as I am skeptical Skinner waives his NTC to go to a team that was not in the playoffs last year.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
If OReilly is heading to Carolina, the deal is starting with Hanifin. Just like Sabre fans have said in the last 10 ROR-to-Carolina threads.

...and it's still a non-starter.

I don't know why it's even come up 10 times; other than the debatable argument he's a 1C (and I don't think he is.), he's almost-entirely exactly what Carolina has in spades and doesn't need.

His value to Carolina is less, possibly as low as 75%, of what his value is league-wide and what Buffalo is looking for. The best piece Buffalo can look for from the Canes in a ROR trade is Skinner, Faulk, or Rask. Edit: perhaps Lindholm. (Though I'd prefer, at that point, to pass on ROR.)

It's not worth it for the Sabres...it's not worth discussing.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think we should just keep this thread respectful and agree that Buffalo fans (for the most part) are going to want something like Hanifin + for ROR and Canes fans (for the most part) aren't going to want to give up Hanifin+ for ROR.

This horse has been beaten multiple times and I'm not sure there's a path to agreement here.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I think we should just keep this thread respectful and agree that Buffalo fans (for the most part) are going to want something like Hanifin + for ROR and Canes fans (for the most part) aren't going to want to give up Hanifin+ for ROR.

This horse has been beaten multiple times and I'm not sure there's a path to agreement here.

I'd agree, but feel even "ROR for Hanifin" (no pluses) might look bad for the Canes by the end of camp. For me, Hanifin is not on the table for ROR. Full stop.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Again, I'd rather keep ROR. Him and Eichel should be a duo to build the forwards around. But if Buffalo felt like they just have to move him for some reason, I think I'd be interested in a deal around Faulk and Skinner. Would rather do Hannifin and Skinner but if Carolina wouldn't budge, I'd think about Faulk instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad