Roope Hintz or Tage Thompson

• Roope

Votes: 51 38.9%
  • Tage

Votes: 80 61.1%

• Total voters

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Hintz was a middle 6 forward before Robertson entered the league and continues to struggle without Robertson. Thompson’s career ppg is actually 0.60 and if career is all that matters their even strength production is nearly identical so there’s that.
TOIGF/60
w/ Robertson14914.15
w/o Robertson3882.01
Before Robertson13582.03
Now do same charts for Tage..

And i just picked their stats from eliteprospect.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

With and without who? Jeff Skinner -- the guy all of HF thought was completely f***ing washed and the worst contract in the league a year ago?
Tage is where he is now because he got good.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
With and without who? Jeff Skinner -- the guy all of HF thought was completely f***ing washed and the worst contract in the league a year ago?
Tage is where he is now because he got good.
I didnt know i were talking to you?

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021

I stand corrected on PPG. The purpose of the chart was to address uncertainty as to who is the driver because the Dallas duo has played almost elusively with each other and points can be an inaccurate measure.

Thompson played with a variety of players so it kind of defeats the purpose but... Tuch is simply not compatible to Tage on a 3 year sample due to several reasons. There is also a conflict of interest because their development coincides with more time together. Nonetheless:

2020-present
Skinner:GF/60HDCF/60
w/ Thompson3.9414.31
w/o Thompson2.0411.95
Thompson w/o2.2611.04

Tuch joined-present (no conflict of interest but poor sample size)
GF/60SkinnerTuch
w/ Thompson4.433.94
w/o Thompson3.072.92
Thompson w/o3.084.70
HDCF/60SkinnerTuch
w/ Thompson15.4615.23
w/o Thompson15.9311.47
Thompson w/o9.5912.46

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I stand corrected on PPG. The purpose of the chart was to address uncertainty as to who is the driver because the Dallas duo has played almost elusively with each other and points can be an inaccurate measure.

Thompson played with a variety of players so it kind of defeats the purpose but... Tuch is simply not compatible to Tage on a 3 year sample due to several reasons. There is also a conflict of interest because their development coincides with more time together. Nonetheless:

2020-present
Skinner:GF/60HDCF/60
w/ Thompson3.9414.31
w/o Thompson2.0411.95
Thompson w/o2.2611.04

Tuch joined-present (no conflict of interest but poor sample size)
GF/60SkinnerTuch
w/ Thompson4.433.94
w/o Thompson3.072.92
Thompson w/o3.084.70
HDCF/60SkinnerTuch
w/ Thompson15.4615.23
w/o Thompson15.9311.47
Thompson w/o9.5912.46
Keep in mind that Skinner is the only one of the 3 that doesn't kill penalties and in small samples that we're working with here things can get pretty skewed by post-PK shifts.

Reactions: RapidKnight

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Keep in mind that Skinner is the only one of the 3 that doesn't kill penalties and in small samples that we're working with here things can get pretty skewed by post-PK shifts.
Hintz kill penalties and JRob doesnt. The kids feed of eachother and complements also. Hintz is a speedster, who plays a 200ft game as Robertson is slower, but sees the game very good and can take the pace down in the offensive zone. Pavelski is a netprescence. The trio of Pavelski-Hintz Robertson comlement eachother so well and they have different roles on the line, thats why it works so well. Doesnt hurt to have Heiskanen behind them either. Not too often every player on a line is PPG+ when playing <18min/game.

JRob
24gp22g17a39p+14

Hintz
23gp8g18a26p+14

Pavs
24gp10g15a25p+17

Last edited:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Hintz kill penalties and JRob doesnt. The kids feed of eachother and complements also. Hintz is a speedster, who plays a 200ft game as Robertson is slower, but sees the game very good and can take the pace down in the offensive zone. Pavelski is a netprescence. The trio of Pavelski-Hintz Robertson comlement eachother so well and they have different roles on the line, thats why it works so well. Doesnt hurt to have Heiskanen behind them either.
Yeah that probably has some impact on the "w/o Robertson" numbers then.

Fwiw in comparison I don't think Skinner and Thompson are a particularly good fit together. They make it work because they're both bonkers offensive players but they both like to shoot more than they like to pass and they're both suspect defensively. I would love to see someone a bit more pass-happy and defensively responsible on Tage's LW (and Skinner could help our depth issues at the same time).

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah that probably has some impact on the "w/o Robertson" numbers then.
It sure does. 90% of the time the kids play together. It`s only at linechanges or PK/right after PK they dont.

Hintz has 2min 27s PK/GP

JRob has 1s/GP

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
No but really, who do you think Tage could possibly be coasting off of on the Sabres?
And Hintz is coasting off of Robertson? 😅

I've read your posts here, and you're one biggest Sabres homers here... So i wont be starting conversation with you, as it's easte of time

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
I've seen tage play several times. its him and it's not close. hes 6'6 I believe with hands comparable to leon draisatl. amazing finisher as well

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
And Hintz is coasting off of Robertson? 😅

I've read your posts here, and you're one biggest Sabres homers here... So i wont be starting conversation with you, as it's easte of time

Interesting move, cleverly disguising your argument by presenting absolutely none whatsoever.

Again, who on the Sabres roster do you think is propping Thompson's numbers up? Who's boosting him? Or, better yet, why don't you look at those numbers yourself if you think they exist? No one is stopping you.

YOU'RE the one advancing an argument here. I'm not. Either advance it or take the L.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad