Rookies in the playoffs

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
What are some rookies that are going to be playing in the playoffs this year ?
As well as those who may play a big role/have a biggish impact?
Some players that will are the following Yanni Gourde, Robert Hagg?, Jesper Bratt, Travis Dermott, Nico Hischier, Will Butcher, Alex Tuch, Jack Roslovic?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Daniel Sprong when he gets back up here after a couple injuries.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What are some rookies that are going to be playing in the playoffs this year ?
As well as those who may play a big role/have a biggish impact?
Some players that will are the following Yanni Gourde, Robert Hagg?, Jesper Bratt, Travis Dermott, Nico Hischier, Will Butcher, Alex Tuch, Jack Roslovic?

Nolan Patrick will be 2C for the Flyers and is really coming on lately.

Oskar Lindblom has been recently called up and is on Patricks LW with Voracek on RW. He could be a big factor.

Robert Hagg will be in the lineup but he sucks.

Flyers fans are praying Travis Sanheim gets called up again to fix their horrendous bottom 4 D.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Dermott and Kapanen (technically he isn't, but he's become a regular in the lineup recently.)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
What kind of jynx thread is this. Devils haven't made the playoffs yet, don't do this to us

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Nolan Patrick will be 2C for the Flyers and is really coming on lately.
Robert Hagg will be in the lineup but he sucks.

Flyers fans are praying Travis Sanheim gets called up again to fix their horrendous bottom 4 D.
yeah hagg has been playing 2nd pairing mins but getting eaten out there, bringing in someone else might help. Patrick is starting to pick it up with 7p in his last 14 gms will have to see on him.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
If NJ does make it, Hischier will be a pretty important part of their run. His two way style is what you need in the playoffs.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Debrusk (2lw), McAvoy (1rd), Matt Grzelcyk (3ld), Danton Heinen (3lw) and Sean Kuraly (4c) will be playing big roles for the Bruins. If Ryan Donato signs in March like is rumored, I'd bet on him too.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
McAvoy, Heinen, DeBrusk for Boston all with big roles. Gryzleck (rookie) and Holden (not) will be fighting over the #6 D spot and it probably will be matchup based (Gryz better at puck moving and skating, Holden not a smurf and better in the offensive zone, but doesn't have Gryz's defensive IQ)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
For the Sharks we have Joakim Ryan and Tim Heed on defense.

At forward, we have Kevin Labanc (New York born and raised) and Timo Meier (passed over Barzal to pick him at the draft) that are sorta rookies.

8477046.jpg
8478414.jpg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Eeli Tolvanen :naughty:

Slightly off topic, but I started to wonder that if Eeli is going to play in playoffs this season, is he still considered as a Rookie next season, or not?

Or does that maximum played games-limit (what it was?) for Rookie -status cover also playoff-games played before first "full" regular season?

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Don't think anyone has mentioned Greenway yet, but I think he could have a decent impact.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Slightly off topic, but I started to wonder that if Eeli is going to play in playoffs this season, is he still considered as a Rookie next season, or not?

Or does that maximum played games-limit (what it was?) for Rookie -status cover also playoff-games played before first "full" regular season?

I believe he'd need to play 40 games including playoffs to end his rookie status, although I could be wrong. He'd burn a year off his ELC if he played 9 games or more.

Reactions: Se829ne

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Girard, Jost, Compher, Kerfoot, Kamenev, and maybe Greer, Toninato, Siemens or Lindholm if the Avs get in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad