GDT: Rookie Tournament - Coyotes vs Anaheim

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Mccartney’s also got bunting vibes. Really hope this coaching staff doesn’t make the same mistakes with him.
He reminds me way more of someone like Martinook than Bunting. The guy isn’t very skilled but he’s arguably one of the hardest skating guys out there every shift. It’s easy to cheer for guys like that.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought Mcbain looked real good. Guenther and Geekie both looked great as well. I remember getting pushed around in these games in years past, that’s not the case anymore. I like what BA is building, old school grit and new school skill.
Time to push the brakes guys. This is a rookie tournament and playing against their peers. Let's wait until they line up with the big boys and see how they do.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Time to push the brakes guys. This is a rookie tournament and playing against their peers. Let's wait until they line up with the big boys and see how they do.
There is some truth to that but you can't ignore all indicators except how they play vs NHLers, especially when some of these guys were just drafted this summer. Let's enjoy the win and the fact that some of our prospects had a stand out performance.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I was strictly going off of the previous rookie tournaments we had, not NHL games. I remember when Rich Clune tried to one time Turris and no one did a thing. The past two games we’ve been the aggressors, not the way it used to be.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Hope McCartney gets a spot
We do have a lot of ELCs. I see him as part of what I've been calling the Tempe Tucson Express- waiver exempt call-ups along with Maccelli, Soderstrom, Kolyachonok, Jenik and why I think that the 22nd spot should be reserved for waiver exempt call ups. Get these 21 yos some playing time in the NHL. I want (hopefully) all 5 to earn a spot in the 23-24 season.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
We do have a lot of ELCs. I see him as part of what I've been calling the Tempe Tucson Express- waiver exempt call-ups along with Maccelli, Soderstrom, Kolyachonok, Jenik and why I think that the 22nd spot should be reserved for waiver exempt call ups. Get these 21 yos some playing time in the NHL. I want (hopefully) all 5 to earn a spot in the 23-24 season.
McCartney - McBain - McRW combine for the McLine. We just need to find McRW.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Maybe McCelli can play on the right
Maccelli was excellent at bouncing pucks off Carcone, Jenik, and McCartney into the net all year in Tucson last season. That would be an excellent AHL #1 line, maybe a little raw for the NHL though?

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
I think McBain is an NHLer but replace him with Jenik and away we go.
Agreed. Based on how McBain has been dominating this rookie tournament, he looks too good for Tucson. He's a man amongst boys out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad