Rookie Mackenzie Blackwood's shutout streak comes to an end.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Blackwood's shutout streak came to an end at 171 minutes and 37 seconds. So almost three straight games of shutout hockey for a rookie. I wouldn't even make the thread if he wasn't a rookie. The more this kid plays the more he looks like he has a bright future as a number 1 goalie in this league. He got the size at 6'4" 225lbs. who moves like a guy who's 6'0" 200lbs.. We may finally have the starter we've been waiting for since Marty left.

He's on pace for a 30w 20l 12 otl season with a .911 SVP. and 2.76 GAA. along with 5 shutouts as rookie. Not bad for a rookie who's been left out to dry playing for one of the worst hockey teams this season. A team who was easily the worst defensive hockey team before their head coach. His stats would be much better if the team in front of him played all season defensively like they have for the last two months.

He's a rookie who deserves more attention and I thought I'd be the one to bring that attention to him. He's got serious potential and I think we got our future goalie long-term finally, since Schneider's hip betrayed him.

Also, anyone know what the goalie record is for consecutive shutout minutes for a rookie is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad