Rookie Goaltenders?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Probably just Markstrom in terms of having a shot at the starting job.

Holtby was great in I think 14 games last year. He's behind Neuvirth and Vokoun though so probably won't get many games unless one of those two get injured and he then outplays the other one.

One of the ones on NYI might do something, either Poulin or Koskinnen who's 6'6.

Neither of the Pickard's will make an impact this year and I think Campbell got sent back to junior.

Bernier played 25 games last season so I guess he's eligible? And so is Lindback and Enroth but I don't expect either of them to do well enough to displace the starter.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
If Anderson runs into injury problems Lehner will be called up.

But if Auld gets injured expect to see McKenna on the bench, the Sens are going to want Lehner to get games in the AHL.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Even though Elliott made the team ahead of him, I think most people who saw them play preferred Bishop. Unless Halak gets injured, there's no chance for a starting job; but if Elliott doesn't perform well, I doubt the Blues wait long to replace him with Bishop.

I wouldn't call 10-20 games exciting, but Bishop has progressed a lot better than most expected over the past couple of years. He's NHL caliber and only improving.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jhonas Enroth has made the Sabres as Miller's backup and the noise from the front office are about working him in more than other backups to Miller in recent years. We're cautiously optimistic that he gets 20-ish starts, maybe a few more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad