Rookie Camp Now confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
And the race for the cup starts this Sunday .. Per the official Avs nhl web page. The notice and article list those invited surprisingly Nathan Mackinnon is on the list.
Probably to test upcoming defenders! it's only 90 minutes, see you there. Family sports 10-1130 am
Full camp starts Thursday

Not seeing it. Mind sharing the link?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's not the 8th, the Denver Post doesn't know anything. This is the problem when the Denver Post makes **** up, it gets passed around by other sites and becomes "news".

Bleackley said he's flying out on the 13th, it certainly won't be before then.

The CBA also states vets cannot report to camp earlier than 20 days before the first game of the season, rookies 27 days.

I will say that I bet a lot of them will be in town and maybe skating by next week though.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
13 is a sat yes? So maybe the 14
This has been the longest summer of my life
I'm watching other teams high light I'm so hockey starved! Lol

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm excited too. I think they'll announce both rookie and main camp together. Maybe by the end of the week. They did it two weeks prior last year.

I think rookie camp will be some combo of days between 14-17, 18 vet physicals day and 19-20 main camp.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I won't be surprised if everything, including training camp, is announced tomorrow. Last year the Avs started Rookie Camp on 9/8 and TC on 9/14 and dates, times, and rosters were announced on 8/28 (which was a Wednesday).

I'm excited too. I think they'll announce both rookie and main camp together. Maybe by the end of the week. They did it two weeks prior last year.

I think rookie camp will be some combo of days between 14-17, 18 vet physicals day and 19-20 main camp.
Does the CBA thing matter specifically to each team? Because the first games of the season is 10/8, even though the Avs don't play until 10/9. 20 days before 10/8 is 9/18, which is when I anticipate the Avs hitting the ice. I mean, some teams don't have their first regular season game until 10/11, would they have to wait 3 more days to open camp? I wouldn't think so.

If there's only 2 days of on-ice stuff before the B+W game, then they're going to have to change the format this year as far as teams and scrimmaging, because they just won't be able to see enough of everyone.

Last edited:

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I am so going to rookie camp!
I never see these guys, so it will be an especially fun time for me...
I probably will also hit a day or two of main camp....
And it is on ice time with free admission open to public.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yes I believe the CBA is universal for everyone, they all open camp on the 18th. Would correlate to same timing as last year even though again the Avs had their first game on the second day of the season (last year first game of season on Tuesday and Avs play on Wednesday, camps open 20 days earlier on Wednesday, this year first game on Wednesday and Avs play on Thursday, camps open on Thursday). NHL also announced training camps open on the 18th. I liked the format last year too with the 3 days but I think its the trade off to doing both the B/W game and the split squad game.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Nantel and Pepin has their first league games 10th and 12th September. Bleackley and Geertsen 19th-20th September. Bigras, Magyar and Wood 24th-26th September.

I wonder if Avs are going to release those with no chance of making the team early to help them get a proper start in CHL.

The two that might get a couple of exhibition games are Bleackley and Bigras.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Nantel and Pepin has their first league games 10th and 12th September. Bleackley and Geertsen 19th-20th September. Bigras, Magyar and Wood 24th-26th September.

I wonder if Avs are going to release those with no chance of making the team early to help them get a proper start in CHL.

The two that might get a couple of exhibition games are Bleackley and Bigras.
Geertsen hung around a while last year, even playing in a pre-season game. With the Avs having a split squad game against Anaheim on 9/22, I imagine more than a few Junior guys will get into one of those games.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Geertsen hung around a while last year, even playing in a pre-season game. With the Avs having a split squad game against Anaheim on 9/22, I imagine more than a few Junior guys will get into one of those games.

I forgot about the split squad game. Avs usually don't have them. That should make it easier for junior players to stick around after the intra-squad game.

There will be a lot of AHL players available also.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Bigras was around a while last year. I bet he and maybe Bleackley stay around a while. The others might go back soon after the split squad game. Pepin is still recovering from a shoulder injury so not sure if he comes to camp. Might be beneficial for him even if he can't get on the ice.

I wonder if quite a bit make the trip to Quebec though. They play back to back nights, can't imagine many vets playing both games.

Mods, can we maybe have the title changed to rookie camp speculation?

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Bigras was around a while last year. I bet he and maybe Bleackley stay around a while. The others might go back soon after the split squad game. Pepin is still recovering from a shoulder injury so not sure if he comes to camp. Might be beneficial for him even if he can't get on the ice.

I wonder if quite a bit make the trip to Quebec though. They play back to back nights, can't imagine many vets playing both games.

Mods, can we maybe have the title changed to rookie camp speculation?

As you wish. ;)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Supposedly Dater was under the impression the camp release was going to be today so bet it comes out tomorrow, 2 weeks before camp just like last year. It's ridiculous how excited I am for it. :laugh:

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
It's been a long long summer
Now it's time for hockey
No more who is on first
No more avs falling back to earth
No more advanced stats crapo
Time to enjoy our boys just crushing some of the better teams in the league. No one ever explained how last years stats affect this years radically different team ?
Ok
I'm so excited for hockey I would stand in line, I hate any line, to watch Avs practice.
Avs look to punish last years playoff teams and do a number on mini and Chico in our division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad