Rookie Camp Invites

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
First, I plead ignorance. How does this "invite to rookie camp" work? I guess I'm assuming none of these kids have been selected by an NHL team. Please educate me. TYIA

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
First, I plead ignorance. How does this "invite to rookie camp" work? I guess I'm assuming none of these kids have been selected by an NHL team. Please educate me. TYIA
Not drafted yet.

its NHL training camp experience so they benefit by getting a better understanding of what they have to do training wise to progress to be an NhL player.

usually teams do it to balance camp so they can scrimmage. A couple of spots. When u invite 10+ kids how is this not scouting for the upcoming drafts? Essentially what we were just fined for. I’m not being critical of AZ here. I think it’s a great idea.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Fyreman

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That’s right. First time draft eligibles can’t do ATOs. Not even sure if D+1 kids can? Is it just kids who are eligible to sign AHL/ELCs already?

I think any undrafted CHL players after their first year of eligibility can receive camp invites (which I think are separate from ATOs), but that's based on some old information that may not reflect the current bargaining agreement.

Reactions: Fyreman

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yep. What an organization. Lol
We weren't the only organization that missed on these two. It happens. Like I said before, it's easy to sit back after the fact and complain and point out what went wrong. Hindsight is great.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad