Ronnie's Roulette - Year two TDL Edition

What should Francis and the Kraken do at the TDL?

• Go big and swing for the fences

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Something small to improve roster depth

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Be creative and sell for the right return

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • nah, nothing we're good

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
They don’t have a good future ahead of them.

He’s standing pat on a mediocre team and ensuring that rebuild will be long.

I love when people use the word 'rebuild' for a 2nd year expansion team and think calling it mediocre is a bad thing. We are over-achievers if anything.

If management is pleased with the way this team is performing that’s another reason to fire management. This team is a dumpster fire night after night in their own end.

Being conservative isn’t a good thing. He’s a coward. He’s completely incapable of taking any risk, beyond repeatedly signing goalies to huge contracts before they play for his team.

There is no plan. Sitting around and drafting late in the first or getting a couple extra seconds isn’t a plan.

As soon as Carolina got a GM with a plan they started making moves and turned a bubble team with potential into conference finalists. Still on an upward trajectory since then.

Francis just doesn’t do anything and expects to win. It’s ridiculous.

Not doing anything to win would mean not signing Burakovsky, trading for Bjorkstrand, signing Schultz, etc. After last season, he made those decisions and changed us from a team that picked 4OA in the draft this season to a team likely to make the playoffs.

You created a new account, making posts to just antagonize the posters here. Consider this an unofficial warning. If you want to have meaningful discourse, you are more than welcome. But please tread carefully.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
I love when people use the word 'rebuild' for a 2nd year expansion team and think calling it mediocre is a bad thing. We are over-achievers if anything.

Not doing anything to win would mean not signing Burakovsky, trading for Bjorkstrand, signing Schultz, etc. After last season, he made those decisions and changed us from a team that picked 4OA in the draft this season to a team likely to make the playoffs.

You created a new account, making posts to just antagonize the posters here. Consider this an unofficial warning. If you want to have meaningful discourse, you are more than welcome. But please tread carefully.
f*** me for having an opinion I guess.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Well, let's give some credit for the novel idea to give up on Beniers and Wright before either of them has played even one full season and "rebuild"
Or keep the two young guys and trade away the guys who will be too old by the time they get support.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
f*** me for having an opinion I guess.
There is one thing about having an opinion and another to regurgitate the same stuff over and over again with the purpose of antagonizing the fan base. Not going to put up with that crap.

Or keep the two young guys and trade away the guys who will be too old by the time they get support.
You need more than two players to run a team. This team is overachieving and giving confidence to the younger players like Beniers that winning is possible. The last thing you want to do is expose young players to a culture of losing right from the start.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Trade away the soon to be “old guys”? And replace them with what? Young guys that can’t now and never will crack anyone else’s roster? Achieving what, exactly? A dressing room with no hope? No leaders? No mentors?
Ron Francis may not be the best GM in the NHL in the eyes of kranuck, but to call him a coward and paint him as inept suggests he either didn’t sign your program when you were a kid, or you really don’t know much about how to build a team.

Reactions: G Backup

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
f*** me for having an aggressively pessimistic and condescending opinion I guess.
I'm no fan of Francis (or Hakstol for that matter) but I'll give them a little more leash. I'd like to think they've learned a little bit from previous firings. There's been significant improvement in personnel and play this year. Hopefully they'll get a round or two of playoffs this year and build off that going into year 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad