Roman Cervenka

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
Leafs fan coming in peace

I was just curious about your Czech rookie Roman Cervenka

I saw that he is scratched tonight against the Wild but in general how has he looked this season?

Do you guys still see him as apart of your top 6 forward group moving forward?

Thanks

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Leafs fan coming in peace

I was just curious about your Czech rookie Roman Cervenka

I saw that he is scratched tonight against the Wild but in general how has he looked this season?

Do you guys still see him as apart of your top 6 forward group moving forward?

Thanks
He has looked pretty good. I never had him pegged as a top 6 forward and he has me thinking he can be.

I think he is out tonight because of the puck to the throat he took last time out.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
He has looked pretty good. I never had him pegged as a top 6 forward and he has me thinking he can be.

I think he is out tonight because of the puck to the throat he took last time out.

Also Hartley said he feels that because of missing 2 months he doesn't have nhl conditioning and with Sven coming back giving him a break wasn't a bad idea.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
He looks pretty slow out there. Not sure if that's conditioning-related but I don't see him being effective at center.

I think he'll be okay as a winger though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Still adapting to the North American game. The dude's got skill up the wazoo.
Easy a top 6 forward.

He seems a bit slow at times, and really looks like he wants the game to develop around him a lot. Has good chemistry with Hudler (who possibly has been the best Flame this year) but can improve on both ends of the ice.

You can tell the talent in him is sick though, he's got great hands and great vision. This season will be meh most likely; however, if Calgary resigns him; he'll probably be good for 40-60 points in an 82 when he's playing properly.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Needs to work on getting used to the ice, and working on his speed. He also should learn English, but those are really the only knocks I have on him. Once he can communicate with the team, and skate faster he will be a much bigger threat. He has amazing skill though, so I can see him getting 50-65 points in a regular season.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Needs to work on getting used to the ice, and working on his speed. He also should learn English, but those are really the only knocks I have on him. Once he can communicate with the team, and skate faster he will be a much bigger threat. He has amazing skill though, so I can see him getting 50-65 points in a regular season.

I'm pretty sure he's working with an English language instructor. And he probably speaks enough English to communicate here and there. His English is probably better than Malkin or Ovechkin when they first came into the league. Datsyuk has always had poor English but that hasn't hampered him.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I'm pretty sure he's working with an English language instructor. And he probably speaks enough English to communicate here and there. His English is probably better than Malkin or Ovechkin when they first came into the league. Datsyuk has always had poor English but that hasn't hampered him.

I thought I heard he hadn't found an instructor, but that was a bit ago. Either way, he will only get better with time. I'm really liking him and hudler.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010

I would trade my English for Datsyuks salary in a heartbeat... So are we going to resign him? Or does it depend on how he does this season?

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com

Datsyuk's interviews are always a blast, he knows how to joke around in English :)

cdnhash

Nov 15, 2011
Texas (from Calgary)

I could see him being a 50-60 point guy but not with the Flames. Flames tend to turn guys with this kind of vision and talent into 30 point guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad