GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8: 9/30 4PM at Penguins (TV: NHLN-US)

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Very solid first period. Unlike the playoffs, nice to see this team get rewarded for their effort.

Panarin is the total package. Most gifted offensive talent I've ever seen on this squad. Wow is that guy fun to watch and totally agree about his vision -- insanely underrated. Boggles the mind how this kid wasn't even drafted.

Milano has taken a HUGE step from last year. Kid is flying. Think he's a lock now for opening night the question is can he keep it up game to game? I'm pulling for this kid.

Nice little play by Dubois on that Calvert goal. I was skeptical but he's looking better and better each game. Definitely a better fit on the wing at this stage.

On to the second where I'm expecting the inevitable push back.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Just tuned in, didn’t realize game was this afternoon.

Ah, great to have hockey back!!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
WENNBERG SHOOT THAT

In the second replay you can see him staring down cam the entire time.

Also Werenski is gonna have to get use to kicking the puck over to Panarin on the PP. On an earlier PP Panarin was wide open for the one timer and Werenski took an good shot from the center point. But the one timer is Panarins speciality. He without a doubt has the best one timers on the team and possibly the NHL. It rivals Stamkos' and Ovechkins.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
3 goals, 9 different players with points.

I think people are going to underestimate how hard it will be to shut the Jackets down. Not only will all 4 lines be able to score, their defense puts so much pressure on the opposition with how they push the puck up the ice......I mean slumps will happen, but I really think they are going to score a boatload.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
What would you expect. We were playing with two guys who wouldn't be playing if we had our entire team.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
3 goals, 9 different players with points.

I think people are going to underestimate how hard it will be to shut the Jackets down. Not only will all 4 lines be able to score, their defense puts so much pressure on the opposition with how they push the puck up the ice......I mean slumps will happen, but I really think they are going to score a boatload.
Yeah that defense is just so mobile and smooth. Love what I saw from them. Bob looked as sharp as ever. And we're so deep on the wings – I think our deficiencies at forward will be offset by our depth everywhere else.

Side note: the whole building knew Panarin scored before that puck even got to him. And to make it 3-0 no less. Jarmo identified a need for a guy to put games away, and Panarin is that guy.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad