OT: Roll call how is everybody doing?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Hasn't rolled through here yet.

Did just see there is a train derailment somewhere around Hendersonville of 20-25 cars containing ethanol. Apparently crew is ok.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Just getting loud here in M'boro but doesn't seem like we have to worry about anything really serious.

Edit: and it seems to be winding down already here.

Warning issued for rotation between Mboro and Christiana but doesn't seem like it's going to be bad if there's even anything on the ground.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Mostly pushed through now. Tornado warning both North and South of us with some pretty good hail south but all of it missed us. Mostly just heavy rain and some lightning.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
We got some heavy rain and a bit of wind but nothing bad.

If anyone needs anything let us know. I’ll help out any way I can.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Man it sucks to learn about this news. This time of year when people are putting up decorations and ready to gather for happy times.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Man it sucks to learn about this news. This time of year when people are putting up decorations and ready to gather for happy times.
Do you remember the one that hit on Christmas Eve, over in Brentwood or Franklin (I've forgotten now)? Was probably 20 years ago. (I looked it up -- 1988! 35 years! Um, time flies...)

We're fine in Hermitage. I checked with a friend of my late MIL who lives in the same condos she did (Sanders Ferry Rd) in Hendersonville and they were fine except for no power.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Do you remember the one that hit on Christmas Eve, over in Brentwood or Franklin (I've forgotten now)? Was probably 20 years ago. (I looked it up -- 1988! 35 years! Um, time flies...)

We're fine in Hermitage. I checked with a friend of my late MIL who lives in the same condos she did (Sanders Ferry Rd) in Hendersonville and they were fine except for no power.
Glad to hear you and yours are ok!

Reactions: adsfan

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I’m originally from Hendersonville and thankfully every one I know seems to have made it out ok. Tornado passed less than a mile from my brothers house in Gallatin too which is wild.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003

Yep, one of my friends had his roof partially torn off his house, but luckily no one was injured. Hard to believe it's been that long ago

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I live in Hendersonville, and where it hit on Main St. is about one mile from my house. I'm good, just lost power for a few days.

The sky was darker than I've ever seen it before. But it was weird, as I was getting into my safe place a big gust of wind came, the lights flickered then went out completely, then everything went silent.

I had my phone with me and was watching the news on it and saw the storm had passed. I went outside and all I could hear was so many sirens.

There really was a lot of damage up here.

Initially we were all told it would be 3-5 days until power was restored, but there are so many workers that came from Georgia and Kentucky and other parts of Tennessee that have been working 24hrs a day and were able to get most of the city powered back up within 36 hours!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I live in Hendersonville, and where it hit on Main St. is about one mile from my house. I'm good, just lost power for a few days.

The sky was darker than I've ever seen it before. But it was weird, as I was getting into my safe place a big gust of wind came, the lights flickered then went out completely, then everything went silent.

I had my phone with me and was watching the news on it and saw the storm had passed. I went outside and all I could hear was so many sirens.

There really was a lot of damage up here.

Initially we were all told it would be 3-5 days until power was restored, but there are so many workers that came from Georgia and Kentucky and other parts of Tennessee that have been working 24hrs a day and were able to get most of the city powered back up within 36 hours!
Guy who sits in front of me lives in Gallatin. He said he'd heard about the train roar but had never experienced till the other day

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Guy who sits in front of me lives in Gallatin. He said he'd heard about the train roar but had never experienced till the other day.
I have never been close enough to hear the train roar. In the early 1970s in Ohio, I saw the sky turn black, which did not bother me. Then it turned green like an ocean, and down the basement I went with my transistor radio! The sky isn't supposed to turn dark green.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I have never been close enough to hear the train roar. In the early 1970s in Ohio, I saw the sky turn black, which did not bother me. Then it turned green like an ocean, and down the basement I went with my transistor radio! The sky isn't supposed to turn dark green.
When the tornado came through downtown back in 1998, I remember there was a question that morning whether they'd actually be having school because of the weather. Long before the tornadoes actually came through the sky was sort of a neon green, never seen it like that since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad