OT: Rogers Unveils Full Broadcasting Lineup

Oct 10, 2010
BwJU5jZIQAEfeY0.png

Big names off the top of my head not on the list are Dean Brown, Joe Bowen, Kevin Weeks, Andi Petrillo

What you guys think? IMO, A lot of very underwhelming personalities.

And don't get me started on the ' Insiders' These guys will always be a step or two behind TSN.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Surprised that Kevin Weekes didn't make the cut. Having been on so many teams and recently retired (compared to others)his insight has always been pretty good.

Oct 10, 2010
Surprised that Kevin Weekes didn't make the cut. Having been on so many teams and recently retired (compared to others)his insight has always been pretty good.

Yeah, i really liked him!

Just more proof Rogers doesn't have a clue on what they're doing with the hockey thing ( as usual)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Eh, he was alright. Very vanilla. He always just sort of went with the popular opinion on things.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
That is a truly ghastly line up.

I hope they let Galley do some of the Sens games as he is about the only one with any idea at all of who the Ottawa players are.

And I agree, Dean is far better than most of the announcers they have in there.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
lol even CBC doesn't want Dean Brown. How long until we hear about him crawling back to Ottawa to do some radio work?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Hopefully Deano ends up on radio at least still.

I can't believe that Healy is still employed though.
Notable names missing are Weekes as mentioned, and Andi Petrillo but she is doing other work for CBC still I think?

Last edited:

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Deano will surface again. He has been relegated to the bull pen.
He is a skilled play by play guy as long as he keeps the off topic banter to a minimum.

Oct 10, 2010
Just to add - How long before Bob McKenzie jumps ship? Bell better be prepared to offer this guy BIG BUCKS when his contract is up because something tells me Rogers has that date circled.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yeeesh. Dave Randorf has gotta be my least favourite play by play guy of all time in any sport. Remove Darren Pang and Friedman and that insiders group is a who's who list of the worst and most unprofessional gas bags in the business. Definitely going to skip any and all segments between periods.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Just to add - How long before Bob McKenzie jumps ship? Bell better be prepared to offer this guy BIG BUCKS when his contract is up because something tells me Rogers has that date circled.

I get the feeling Bobby Mac is happy where he is. He likely doesnt care about the national contract. I mean, TSN will still be a go to for hockey fans. Its no secret that 9/10 prefer their broadcasts. Bell will pay to keep him.

All just a hunch though...what do I know.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Deano will surface again. He has been relegated to the bull pen.
He is a skilled play by play guy as long as he keeps the off topic banter to a minimum.

Which he seems incapable of doing, even on CBC he falls into those old patterns. He loves the sound of his own voice that guy

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Also, wow that's a lot of white dudes. Kinda interesting that they scrapped Weekes, Campbell and Pietrillo given how homogeneous that roster is.

Last edited:

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
McKenzie not going anywhere. He was given a new long term deal about 2 minutes after the Rogers announcement. Same with Duthie and Dreger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad