Post-Game Talk: Rod the Brain @ Champions, 7:07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The Canes need to play at a superhuman level to beat the Caps, the Caps just need to put in minimal effort.

The Canes will get it figured out eventually.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Why is there not instant replay for penaltys. They play such a huge part of the game. If you can review a half of a inch on a offsides call. You should be able to review penaltys. High sticks by the same team, dirty hits behind the play, running the goalie... I just don't get it

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Happy to get two points. This hockey game... this is not my kind of hockey game.

Those healthy scratches seem to have done Stephenson some good. Great to see him up his game.

PK is getting in a good groove. Holtby was terrific. Fingers crossed for Niskanen. Him and Orlov have been slowly but steadily getting it back on track.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Was at the game. Zone entries, esp. on the PP, seemed out of sync. Maybe holiday hangover.

Nisky injury a major bummer. Hard to understand why no penalty called. Linesmen can whisper. Hope the League DOPES reviews.

Good crowd, into the game but not playoff-style. Listless first half of the game so enthusiasm waned. Still, two points.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

From this image, it could be a head (concussion), a shoulder/collarbone, or that leg that looks like a pretzel. Or all three.

SSXZRTQKJMI6TCKCB32EFZMQSQ.jpg

But the way he skated off, if he's back in the lineup next game, I wouldn't be that shocked. Nor would I be shocked if he missed 3 months.

Also, the lady in the red sweater is every Caps fan right then.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Yes, I think it's his left shoulder that got the most. Concussion is too, but hopefully not a heavy one.

And it was NOT Bishops fault. Purely wrong place wrong time. Williams started the weirdness as second or two before this wall hit

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
And it was NOT Bishops fault. Purely wrong place wrong time. Williams started the weirdness as second or two before this wall hit
Looks unfortunate to me, but still, Bishop clearly didn't look at Matt's vulnerable position and only cared to get the puck, which is a reckless play to be honest.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Happy to get two points. This hockey game... this is not my kind of hockey game.

Those healthy scratches seem to have done Stephenson some good. Great to see him up his game.

PK is getting in a good groove. Holtby was terrific. Fingers crossed for Niskanen. Him and Orlov have been slowly but steadily getting it back on track.
What was wrong with this kind of game? The Caps were very solid defensively the first 2 periods. Not as good in the 3rd though. I didnt like the goal we gave up. Protecting a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period and we got careless pushing for more offense.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Was at the game. Zone entries, esp. on the PP, seemed out of sync. Maybe holiday hangover.

Totally agree on the zone entries, especially on the PP. And I think I know why: they're running the slingshot from too deep in their own zone. Kuzy was picking up the back pass from as deep as the FO circles in the Caps' D zone. That gave Carolina time to adjust to the new puck carrier long before he got to the blue line.

Kuzy can compensate a bit because he's a good passer, but giving the PK time to adjust to the slingshot puts unnecessary added pressure on him to make a pass going across the blue line (usually a bad idea) and defeats the purpose to an extent.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad