Rumor: Rocky Thompson hired as Asst. Coach

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Oban price hike vexed me. Likewise for Tito's after it got big. My vodka is Sobieski now.

Tito's shreds my gut in a way no liquor does these days anyway. I have no idea why.
I tried some Stoli for nostalgia (only thing you could buy in Georgia and Armenia back in 2000 when I was a road warrior for USAID) and it was so harsh compared to Titos. Now Grey Goose is even smoother, but out of my league these days.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
The Oban price hike vexed me. Likewise for Tito's after it got big. My vodka is Sobieski now.

Tito's shreds my gut in a way no liquor does these days anyway. I have no idea why.

7562E637-479F-413E-ABF0-10C7BA5BC4C8.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I tried some Stoli for nostalgia (only thing you could buy in Georgia and Armenia back in 2000 when I was a road warrior for USAID) and it was so harsh compared to Titos. Now Grey Goose is even smoother, but out of my league these days.

I swear Stoli changed something. I used to like it but it's like drinking buffet warmer fuel now.

Maybe I just found better vodkas.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
First of all, very commendable of you to be helping these 2 former Soviet republics. My hat is off to you.
As for the drinks in Georgia, I guess you did not like chacha. :). I used to drink only local wines whenever I visited- worked very well with local cuisine.

• Wow

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
So many openings. Those who fail, had their opportunity.

What's your criteria for success? Do you even have a definition of it? The Flyers don't.

This team is a mess and they'll do everything they can to sabotage getting the most out of their players.

They did it with Ghost, they did it with TK, etc. and that was under Hextall who at least had a vision unlike this clown.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
First of all, very commendable of you to be helping these 2 former Soviet republics. My hat is off to you.
As for the drinks in Georgia, I guess you did not like chacha. :). I used to drink only local wines whenever I visited- worked very well with local cuisine.

When I visited Georgia a few summers ago, I met the son of Stalin’s own personal winemaker (i’m sure he had a few) on a tour of his place. Fantastic (and oldest) wine tradition there. Much richer and flavourful body than the store bought stuff we are used to!

Also got very drunk on a couple occasions walking through markets in Kutaisi, where seemingly every older woman at each stand wanted me to try their variation of chacha in plastic bottles. Apricot, plum, cherry, the works!

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
When I visited Georgia a few summers ago, I met the son of Stalin’s own personal winemaker (i’m sure he had a few) on a tour of his place. Fantastic (and oldest) wine tradition there. Much richer and flavourful body than the store bought stuff we are used to!

Also got very drunk on a couple occasions walking through markets in Kutaisi, where seemingly every older woman at each stand wanted me to try their variation of chacha in plastic bottles. Apricot, plum, cherry, the works!
Yeh, it's almost impossible to be sober and hungry in Georgia.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What's your criteria for success? Do you even have a definition of it? The Flyers don't.

This team is a mess and they'll do everything they can to sabotage getting the most out of their players.

They did it with Ghost, they did it with TK, etc. and that was under Hextall who at least had a vision unlike this clown.
Frost and Tippett are both 23. My baseline criteria for success is they lock down very available 3rd line roster spots and be over-40-point players.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Georgian wine is a bit "different' when you're used to American, European and SA wines (essentially the same grapes in different locations). Every house seemed to have a trestle with grape vines, growing your own is a national pastime.

Georgia had great food (there's a couple Geogian restaurants in NE Philly), my best meal was at a road side restaurant halfway between Tblisi and the Chechnya border (we were going to visit but forgot to bring our passports).

Armenia, not so much, the joke was that all the chefs had emigrated to Sacramento (though maybe they weren't joking?). The one good restaurant in Yerevan was unmarked (to hide it from the local mafia) from a reverse emigre from NYC.

I do know why Russian lost the Cold War, stayed at a former Russian hotel in Yerevan, let's just say the average American motel would kick ass on that place, which resembled an army barracks. The cars were vintage, knockoffs of 1950s Fiats and Chevys - and the English engineers said the locomotives they saw were knockoffs of 1920s GE models.

Frost and Tippett are both 23. My baseline criteria for success is they lock down very available 3rd line roster spots and be over-40-point players.
40+ is pretty high for a 3rd line forward, 30+ ES points would be above average.
More importantly is they play the way they did in the spring, high energy, able to match up against top lines and harass them.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Georgian wine is a bit "different' when you're used to American, European and SA wines (essentially the same grapes in different locations). Every house seemed to have a trestle with grape vines, growing your own is a national pastime.

Georgia had great food (there's a couple Geogian restaurants in NE Philly), my best meal was at a road side restaurant halfway between Tblisi and the Chechnya border (we were going to visit but forgot to bring our passports).

Armenia, not so much, the joke was that all the chefs had emigrated to Sacramento (though maybe they weren't joking?). The one good restaurant in Yerevan was unmarked (to hide it from the local mafia) from a reverse emigre from NYC.

I do know why Russian lost the Cold War, stayed at a former Russian hotel in Yerevan, let's just say the average American motel would kick ass on that place, which resembled an army barracks. The cars were vintage, knockoffs of 1950s Fiats and Chevys - and the English engineers said the locomotives they saw were knockoffs of 1920s GE models.

40+ is pretty high for a 3rd line forward, 30+ ES points would be above average.
More importantly is they play the way they did in the spring, high energy, able to match up against top lines and harass them.
The opportunities are there for both of them where they should hit 40 points. Scott Laughton had 30 points in 67 games with no PP time.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

True story. When I got back from Georgia, I strongly considered opening up a Georgian restaurant in Canada. They are a rarity here. Phenomenal food. However, without the amazing fresh produce of Georgia, it really wouldn’t be the same.

What are the name of the Philly restaurants? I’ll mark that down for my next celebratory trip when they fire Fletcher and clean house.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
True story. When I got back from Georgia, I strongly considered opening up a Georgian restaurant in Canada. They are a rarity here. Phenomenal food. However, without the amazing fresh produce of Georgia, it really wouldn’t be the same.

What are the name of the Philly restaurants? I’ll mark that down for my next celebratory trip when they fire Fletcher and clean house.
Bustleton ave seems to have become "Little Georgia."

Here's a new one at the Reading Terminal market

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The opportunities are there for both of them where they should hit 40 points. Scott Laughton had 30 points in 67 games with no PP time.

Laughton is in his prime. Seems an odd comparison for players who aren't, one of whom gets punished for offense.

Fletcher teams don't produce offense historically because he builds bad rosters. Combined with Tortorella, we shouldnt be expecting an offensive explosion.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
40 points?! What.

Your baseline criteria is "Good" for a 3rd line center and exceptional for wingers and let's be clear the Flyers are not going to be good. I think you need to go back and figure out what production from a 3rd liner looks like.

Laughton is in his prime. Seems an odd comparison for players who aren't, one of whom gets punished for offense.

Fletcher teams don't produce offense historically because he builds bad rosters. Combined with Tortorella, we shouldnt be expecting an offensive explosion.

When your expectations are not based in reality it's a guarantee that those players will fail. He gets to tell himself that he was right when he was never right to begin with. Laughton scored "X amounts" which is completely void of any sort of analysis. Talk about making a terrible argument. Also is this the same Scott Laughton who played when Giroux, Kevin Hayes, and Couturier were out? Let's just ignore all that context.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad