Rocket Moving again

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Not me. :P

It wouldn't be cheap though.

It's not as big a deal as people would think. It's simply grasping at straws for a reason to say the team playing anywhere other than Charlottetown is a bad idea.

The team could have been in Sorel, it was saved from that move and will remain in PEI but now people are going to complain that the team isn't in a specific part of PEI? :shakehead Pisses me off. If you think the drive to another part of PEI is bad, try traveling from PEI to Sorel for each game :laugh:

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Looks like the team will be rebranded as "Charlottetown" in exchange for public funding.

Here's more from Twitter, including the complete name that wasn't mentioned in the article:
SteveBruceCBC C Town Council approves annual 42,000 to #PEI Q team, plus additional 75 thousand in 2013 and 2014 as long as team is called 'Charlottetown'
http://twitter.com/SteveBruceCBC/status/330339365660286976

SteveBruceCBC Council says this is official - team will be called 'Charlottetown Islanders.' Councillor Rice says 15 owners are meeting right now #pei
http://twitter.com/SteveBruceCBC/status/330344267765645312

SteveBruceCBC Mayor Lee says ownership group wanted 225 thousand in annual funding from city...Council said no, but came back with current 42 + 75 #pei
http://twitter.com/SteveBruceCBC/status/330348742102368259

So, Charlottetown Islanders, much like a number of other teams, including the current Midget AAA team.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Now if only they had an arena to play in that wasn't a piece of garbage.

Having attended games often at both the Moncton Coliseum and the Charlottetown rink, I prefer the seats in Charloottetown and also the rink itself.

The best one for me is the KCI followed by the SJ rink.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Having attended games often at both the Moncton Coliseum and the Charlottetown rink, I prefer the seats in Charloottetown and also the rink itself.

The best one for me is the KCI followed by the SJ rink.

:sarcasm:?

ItsSomerTime

May 7, 2013
Cornwall, PE, Canada
The CCC is a very poorly designed rink for watching a hockey game. It is clean, bright, and fairly new, but poorly designed.

Hard to see in a lot of seats. Hard to get around the rink as well

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Charlottetown Junior Islanders ...I believe was what the original Ch'Town team was labeled back in the last 60's and early 70's that sent many on to the pro levels . I picked up a nice Junior Islander Program from the 1970 season a few weeks ago ....awesome to see the name back in use . :yo:

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
P.E.I. Rocket ‏@peirockethockey 7 min
@peirockethockey to hold press conference @CivicCentrePEI Monday, May 27 10AM #newname #newlogo #newowners and 2013-14 Season Ticket Launch

It will be interesting. I hope the colours aren't ugly.

lewis94

May 6, 2009
I love the logo, not crazy about the colour scheme though. We're probably going to look a lot like Cape Breton. I just hope we don't get Pittsburgh jerseys.

Would've preferred this for the colour scheme, but oh well.

BLSlTNrCIAEFUua.jpg

Brazz

This boat is 4 real!
Nov 6, 2005
The colours just don't work for the team. They are to dull they needed to go vibrate - kelly green, royal blue or orange. Haveing a golden brown wave just makes it look like pollution or sewage.

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
Forgive my ignorance...
Obvioulsy I understand that PEI is, indeed an Island of the mainland of Canada, and much larger than what I imagined....is it culturley the same as say Toronto>
Is it a modern place, or more old fashioned?
My British ignorance has tricked me into thinking that PEI is similar to say the Scottish Highlands...all green hills and tiny villages..lol

So how far away are the "Islanders" located from the "Rocket" or are they still in the same place?
Was the team "moved" to a different part of the Island, or was it just simply a case of "rebranding"

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Forgive my ignorance...
Obvioulsy I understand that PEI is, indeed an Island of the mainland of Canada, and much larger than what I imagined....is it culturley the same as say Toronto>
Is it a modern place, or more old fashioned?
My British ignorance has tricked me into thinking that PEI is similar to say the Scottish Highlands...all green hills and tiny villages..lol

So how far away are the "Islanders" located from the "Rocket" or are they still in the same place?
Was the team "moved" to a different part of the Island, or was it just simply a case of "rebranding"

The Rocket have always played out of the Civic Center in Charlettown, and will continue to do so for the following season. PEI has a lot of rural areas, from what I've seen its not like, old villages, but very rural. Charlettown is a small city. It would be kind of an urban center. From what I understand Summerside would be the other city on the island, but I've only been to Charlettown myself. As for modern, they're not living in the dark ages or anything, but it still feels quite.. old fashioned. Historical. Its a nice place.

tomahawk

Jun 11, 2006
Maxime Lagace has been traded to Cape Breton for Stratford, PE native Zach Beaton and Sebastien Lemieux.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad