Rocket League-(PS4/PC/XB1/Switch)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You on ps4 blueton? I could use a good doubles partner

Nah, I am on Xbox One. Would be fun to get someone to play with! Seems when I play ranked (I am a Silver I division I) anytime its me and some random vs two guys in a party it rarely ends well.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Oh my God I just came away with one of the luckiest unboxing sessions I've ever had...Dracos, Sky Blue Hexphase, Pink K2s, Certified Mantis, Cobalt Mantis, and a freaking Tora to top it all off. Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm too stoked to not share!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Next update they are getting rid of the players choice crates, not that I get those much anymore if at all. I just wish the drop rate was better for crates.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Yeah, the drop rates are just an underhanded way of pressuring you to buy keys. Same with the ridiculous 7-day hold period on all new items...the sure know how to milk it outta people.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I dropped 10 dollars to open 10 crates. Best I got was an Endo and the new gold exotic wheels.

Don't really feel like doing that again. They put in the gacha model of money baiting without offering people the chance to get great stuff as a F2P (usually miniscule but it's there).

I mean there should be a way to earn like 1 key a month or something. With how likely it is to get crappy skins that no one uses, I don't think that's unfair.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I spent probably an extra $30 on keys. I had to have at least 1 of every item. After realizing I spent $50 on a game where I could have just paid $20 for and I would only be missing a few cars / cosmetic stuff I stopped.

I got Overwatch recently and see these Loot Box's and thought "here we go again." I refuse to spend money on cosmetic aspects of games. Yeah its fun to have a badass looking character but in an FPS game? At least in Rocket League you see your car driving around all the time.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I dropped 10 dollars to open 10 crates. Best I got was an Endo and the new gold exotic wheels.

Don't really feel like doing that again. They put in the gacha model of money baiting without offering people the chance to get great stuff as a F2P (usually miniscule but it's there).

I mean there should be a way to earn like 1 key a month or something. With how likely it is to get crappy skins that no one uses, I don't think that's unfair.

I love Rocket League and I've bought most of the actual DLC packs since I think they are reasonable priced and I enjoy customizing my cars. But I don't like the crate/key systems and I refuse to support them, I would happily buy more cars, decals, tires, etc but I won't buy dozens of keys hoping to get something decent.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

You're better off buying keys to trade for the items you want. The trading economy is broken since Psyonix paid zero attention to it so most things are worth a key or less and very few things are worth more than a few keys. (black market decals and colored items are the only very valuable items)

*cough*

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol the only Black market decals I want are that new one and Heatwave and I'm not paying 33 dollars for a skin.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Huge update coming out July 5th

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-anniversary-update-july-5/

- New field.
- New crate with two new cars.
- You can replace the supersonic speed purple trail with custom trails.
- New season starts with this update and rewards for last season are trails.
- Customize goal explosions, engine sounds, and more.
- More info released later.

Custom trail gif
Champion.gif

New cars
rl_centio_hero.BksrBNRb-.jpg

IMG_2038.JPG

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Can't wait for their second act. Would love to see a racing game like Mario kart from them.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Looks great! Not sure if anyone follows esports for this but what happened to G2 how did they not make it to the world championships? I would have thought they would win. Big fan of Rizzo

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Siiiick!

Looks awesome! They always bring good things with their updates and don't even ruin the game by changing mechanics of it.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Looks great! Not sure if anyone follows esports for this but what happened to G2 how did they not make it to the world championships? I would have thought they would win. Big fan of Rizzo

They placed 7th in RLCS, so they didn't earn a playoff berth. It was pretty surprising for sure.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Has any team that Kronovi's been on done well since the very early Cosmic Aftershock days? I don't really follow Rocket League on a regular basis or anything, but whenever I tune in randomly on Twitch it's always other teams competing in the later stages. I don't think I saw iBP or G2 win much. Usually Flipside or Mock-It or NRG.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Damn that sucks, I really wanted to see Rizzo win. I was watching him on twitch before he was even put on a team, he was always elite.

Good question ya back in the days of him Sadjunior and Gibbs staying in net the whole game I can't say I heard of him winning any. Which to be honest is weird he is like the "godfather" or whatever you wanna call it of Rocket League. I honestly thought all 3 guys on G2 are really good but I think every team is catching up so much more parity its more about how many mistakes you make a match.

Also I hope its everyone getting better because just played in the first times in months and wow I was just below rising star now in gold level and it seems everyone is just better. I suck at going up for aerials but looks like I need to learn now or im gonna be a dead weight in 3v3 and even worst in 2v2

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Really started to play a lot more recently. I'm not very good at all, but I can feel myself getting better. Was at the bottom of the barrel in Bronze 1 div 1 this morning and ended up at Bronze 2 Div 4 in solos. I'll try to get up to silver before the end of the season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: