1_zpse17d5abb.png

2_zpsa7d0e109.png

3_zps1c78bfd0.png

4_zps0e427023.png

5_zps345c5111.png

cowher_zps3e4f423d.png

penguins2946*

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 11m11 minutes ago
Marcel Goc didn't make trip to Carolina. "Looks like no break, just a bruise." - #Pens Coach Johnston.

That's good to hear, I'm guessing he's just sitting out tonight as a precaution.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
There is one bright side if the Penguins lose this game - the Hurricanes will jump the Flyers in the standings. ;)

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Off topic here - you used to be able to receive viruses from visiting HFBoards with the ads visible (some of the ads were infected, "drive by downloads"), do we know if this is still the case?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Penguins have adjusted well pretty much all season. I expect them to come out flying. We don't have the best roster right now with injuries, but I firmly believe the Pens will adjust what they need and come out ahead.

Johnston has been great with that this season.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Off topic here - you used to be able to receive viruses from visiting HFBoards with the ads visible (some of the ads were infected, "drive by downloads"), do we know if this is still the case?

Please feel free to reach out to the support team if you are having issues. They'll know better than all of us.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The Penguins have adjusted well pretty much all season. I expect them to come out flying. We don't have the best roster right now with injuries, but I firmly believe the Pens will adjust what they need and come out ahead.

Johnston has been great with that this season.

We have to be better than our Isles response game, anyway.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah, RRP. That is my ONLY gripe of the season so far as a whole on this team. I have minor gripes such as Kunitz playing like dog **** or some bad habits that we discussed the other night, but those are minor. Well... Kunitz is becoming a major gripe if he continues on this path.

But - I love how this team is developing as the year goes. The back-to-back w/ the Isles is my one concern. That's not too bad. Seriously. Everything else has been corrected or taken care of.

You know... people try to jump on my back when I say **** about Fleury, Letang, or Sid/Geno but they tend to completely ignore these type of posts. Funny. Damn trolls lol

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah, RRP. That is my ONLY gripe of the season so far as a whole on this team. I have minor gripes such as Kunitz playing like dog **** or some bad habits that we discussed the other night, but those are minor. Well... Kunitz is becoming a major gripe if he continues on this path.

But - I love how this team is developing as the year goes. The back-to-back w/ the Isles is my one concern. That's not too bad. Seriously. Everything else has been corrected or taken care of.

You know... people try to jump on my back when I say **** about Fleury, Letang, or Sid/Geno but they tend to completely ignore these type of posts. Funny. Damn trolls lol

Too bad that as a mod you don't have the luxury of ignoring them. ;)

My biggest gripes with Johnston have sorted themselves out with Bennett and Dupes being out, so I'm good with him now, haha.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
The Isles games were a case of one team having vastly superior forward depth than the other. John Tavares was pretty invisible and yet they owned us.

I'd like to see a rematch after JR does his job.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
That 4th line, oh my.

Watching Bill Cowher crank that hurricane siren was one of the most uncomfortable secondhand embarrassment experiences of my life. He looked deranged.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Still a long season to go with many learning curves along the way. I think the #1 issue right now is the overload on defense and the lack of depth in top 6 winger. That just SCREAMS like an easy solution but tends not to be so easy.

This team will succeed with team defense and right now the maximum output of our defense w/ all teh talent they have does not live up to what it should. So with that, I am looking for another Hornqvist for offense because I think we ALL see how much that has helped. So I think that with a focus on team defense is the major solution to some of our roster problems.

I just cannot believe we have SO many big time defenders and still have d-zone issues the way we do. If that's the case, blow that **** up and get us the top 6 depth we've needed for.. 8 years? :laugh: Even if that means Letang, Martin, Scuds, etc. Only untouchable in my opinion is Maatta.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That 4th line, oh my.

Watching Bill Cowher crank that hurricane siren was one of the most uncomfortable secondhand embarrassment experiences of my life. He looked deranged.

Funny you say that. I actually had to mute the tv and turn away. It was just weird..

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Still a long season to go with many learning curves along the way. I think the #1 issue right now is the overload on defense and the lack of depth in top 6 winger. That just SCREAMS like an easy solution but tends not to be so easy.

This team will succeed with team defense and right now the maximum output of our defense w/ all teh talent they have does not live up to what it should. So with that, I am looking for another Hornqvist for offense because I think we ALL see how much that has helped. So I think that with a focus on team defense is the major solution to some of our roster problems.

I just cannot believe we have SO many big time defenders and still have d-zone issues the way we do. If that's the case, blow that **** up and get us the top 6 depth we've needed for.. 8 years? :laugh: Even if that means Letang, Martin, Scuds, etc. Only untouchable in my opinion is Maatta.

Agreed.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
I vote for not playing the 4th line.

Wanna bet that they will get 1 goal tonight? I'm sure they will for whatever reason, just to make us feel weird, like when Duper scores playing with on KCD, or Adams getting the SH goal or Kunitz playing with speed 2sec after getting promoted on Sid's line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad