Rochester Americans / Minor League Thread 2013-14 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Those possession stats are not surprising at all. Not sure where they came from. But I've said since the beginning that their possession is awful and that they never have the puck.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Did anyone settle Heard's hash tonight?

I missed the game tonight, but the boxscore seems to indicate nothing much happened...which is surprising since Roy seemed so adamant it would. Perhaps they are saving the fisticuffs to delight the fans at Frontier Field on Friday :laugh:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
12/11 - RCH 4, LE 2 -- Amerks top Monsters in final tune-up before Frozen Frontier:
Veteran forward Jamie Tardif scored his first goal of the night just 11 seconds into the contest and added another on a penalty shot eight seconds into the third period to lead the Rochester Americans to a 4-2 win over the visiting North Division rival Lake Erie Monsters Wednesday at The Blue Cross Arena. The win vaults the Amerks to second place in the North Division with a record of 11-10-2-2, moving ahead of the Monsters by a point. The two-game set continues on Friday, Dec. 13 as the teams take it outdoors in the premier event of the 2013 Greater Area Rochester Honda Dealers Frozen Frontier presented by Labatt.

Kevin Porter added a goal and an assist, Chad Ruhwedel had two assists and Mike Zigomanis provided a single tally to round out the scoring for the Amerks. Matt Hackett denied 16 shots for his sixth win of the season, while Kevin Sundher and Phil Varone also notched assists for Rochester. With his 20th assist of the season, Varone now ranks second in the AHL in total assists.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Any chance there'll be a stream of the game?

Well, the AHL is going to be streaming it live through its subscription service. Beyond that, it'll be airing live on tv on Time Warner Cable, SportsTime Ohio and Sportsnet in Canada, so I'd say there's a decent chance of a non-subscription stream

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Any chance there'll be a stream of the game?

Wiziwig usually has streams for a few AHL games (often Amerks games). I don't see it listed, but I notice that it doesn't list any AHL games beyond today, so maybe those get added the day of. There's a good chance, check tomorrow: http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=icehockey

AHL games get listed as "AHL Icehockey Games Today" rather than specifying the match-up. There's one such listing for each game available, if you click it then it'll show the match-up for that entry.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Rochester Americans on TV This Weekend.

LIVE - Friday, December 13 - vs Lake Erie Monsters - "Frozen Frontier" - Frontier Field - 7:00 pm ET.
Time Warner Cable Sports Channel Buffalo - Rochester - Syracuse - SportsTime Ohio -
Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific (Canada) - Online - "AHL LIVE" via TheAHL.com website. (Cost - $6.99)

Tape Delay - Saturday, December 14 - 12:00 pm ET - NHL Network-United States.

Replays - Saturday, December 14 - 8:00 am ET - Buffalo - Rochester. 3:00 pm ET - Buffalo - Rochester.
Monday, December 16 - 3:00 pm ET - Buffalo - Rochester. Tuesday, December 17 - 11:00 am ET - Buffalo - Rochester.

Notes: Its not listed but Time Warner Cable Sports Channel Albany/Hudson Valley is scheduled to show the game LIVE.
(There are no replays scheduled for that channel.)

LIVE - Saturday, December 14 at Syracuse Crunch - 7:00 pm ET - Syracuse.
Notes: The game may be shown LIVE on the backup channel in Buffalo and Rochester.
No LIVE coverage on Buffalo/Rochesters main channels due to LIVE coverage of the "Frozen Frontier" Niagara-RIT mens college hockey game.
No coverage of the game - LIVE/Tape Delay - is scheduled for Albany/Hudson Valley.
(No LIVE coverage due to LIVE coverage of the Colgate-Albany mens college basketball game.)

Tape Delay - Sunday, December 15 - 8:00 am ET - Buffalo - Rochester.

Replays - Sunday, December 15 - 3:00 pm ET - Syracuse. 9:00 pm ET - Buffalo - Rochester.
Tuesday, December 17 - 3:00 pm ET - Syracuse. Wednesday, December 18 - 1:30 pm ET - Buffalo - Rochester.

Note: Of course should you want to watch either game at times different than what I listed above -
you may do so via the Time Warner Cable Sports On Demand Channel.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
The AHL is going to be streaming it LIVE through its subscription service. Beyond that, it'll be airing LIVE on TV on Time Warner Cable Sports Channels, SportsTime Ohio and Sportsnet in Canada, so I'd say there's a decent chance of a non-subscription stream

The game will also be shown via Tape Delay on Saturday afternoon on NHL Network in the United States.
(Of course there won't be a "LIVE" stream of that so hes out of luck there - should he not get NHL Network on the telle.)

The AHL should waived the $6.99 fee and show the game on their website for free - afterall its a special event.

Lassa

Apr 16, 2013
Was Larsson as invisible last game as the clean now of 0s in the stat sheet suggests?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Larsson has been just okay. Same as when I watched him last season. I know people are really high on him, but I don't see it.

I agree. When all is said and done, the Pominville trade will be judged on Zadorov, not any of the other pieces, which will probably come and go without much impact.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I agree. When all is said and done, the Pominville trade will be judged on Zadorov, not any of the other pieces, which will probably come and go without much impact.

Larsson was pretty effective defensively with the Sabres. Some of the best possession numbers. His game will never be the flashy type that stands out.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Larsson was pretty effective defensively with the Sabres. Some of the best possession numbers. His game will never be the flashy type that stands out.

True. He was ok in his time up. IMO, he is best suited to play a role similar to Paille in Boston. If he gets that chance, he will have success. If they try to throw too much at him, I don't think he has the offense to impress.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@AmerksHockey

Zambonis hittin' the streets. On their way to Frontier Field #FrozenFrontier

BbYE_ocIcAApq7F.jpg:large

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
True. He was ok in his time up. IMO, he is best suited to play a role similar to Paille in Boston. If he gets that chance, he will have success. If they try to throw too much at him, I don't think he has the offense to impress.

I think the Paille comparison undersells his potential a little bit. I think he tops out as a Hecht type, ie: a ~40pt guy whose real value isn't on the score sheet. Might not reach that level, but I think he has the talent to get there.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I think the Paille comparison undersells his potential a little bit. I think he tops out as a Hecht type, ie: a ~40pt guy whose real value isn't on the score sheet. Might not reach that level, but I think he has the talent to get there.

I can't see him ever getting 40 points in the NHL. 20-25 IMO.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
@AmerksHockey

Zambonis hittin' the streets. On their way to Frontier Field #FrozenFrontier

BbYE_ocIcAApq7F.jpg:large

That's really cool.

Driving the Zamboni for a modern outdoor hockey game. Pretty short list of people who've done that, I'm sure.

Neither as short a list, nor as difficult and exclusive as men who've walked on the moon, or athletes who've won gold in their event at 4 consecutive olympics, but almost as cool!!!

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
That's really cool.

Driving the Zamboni for a modern outdoor hockey game. Pretty short list of people who've done that, I'm sure.

Neither as short a list, nor as difficult and exclusive as men who've walked on the moon, or athletes who've won gold in their event at 4 consecutive olympics, but almost as cool!!!

That list contains 0 people :banana: *

* Except for those on Hitler's moon base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad