Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 4 (The Krebs Cycle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Being shorthanded is the biggest reason.

Some can't be helped. Murray, UPL in Buffalo. Quinn, Weissbach on IR.

Other stuff is baffling, like Jankowski as a Sabres healthy scratch rather than the 2C down here, which makes zero sense.

Jankowski up to sit instead of a ELC contract

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Other stuff is baffling, like Jankowski as a Sabres healthy scratch rather than the 2C down here, which makes zero sense.

I don't mind Jankowski being the 12/13/14 in Buffalo over someone like Ruotsalainen who they need to work into game situations to see if he improves. The cement is still impressionable with R2, while Jankowski's is far more set.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

The Sabres needed another body for practices and Jankowski showed last night that he can supply an ingredient the Sabres have been missing. The Sabres could have picked up some guy off waivers to fill that role, but Jankowski was known quantity and it shows they reward hard work.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The Sabres needed another body for practices and Jankowski showed last night that he can supply an ingredient the Sabres have been missing. The Sabres could have picked up some guy off waivers to fill that role, but Jankowski was known quantity and it shows they reward hard work.

I'd have preferred waivers.

I get the reward hard work motto, but this is also supposed to be a new turn on developing your players. Leaving Rochester with a 11F/7D and Cyclone guys is more of the same.

member 334057

I get the reward hard work motto, but this is also supposed to be a new turn on developing your players. Leaving Rochester with a 11F/7D and Cyclone guys is more of the same.
Between injuries and now COVID outbreaks I think a lot of teams are struggling with their rosters including in their farm clubs. The guys we need to see develop have been doing just that, I don't think a couple of rather tough losses are going to completely derail that.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

You’re taking an understandable frustration over the Amerks current roster situation and making a misguided criticism of their development approach.

From a development pov it makes perfect sense to sign Jankowski so they can send the R2 down to play regularly. He (R2) still has possible upside, is a prospect and was a frequent healthy scratch before he got sent down.

From an Amerks roster perspective it would have been better to claim someone off waivers to accomplish this. I agree with you there.

But I’ve been wondering if they floated the possibility of earning a NHL contract to get Jankowski to sign with the Amerks in the offseason. Or if another NHL team was sniffing around for a depth player.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
And Milwaukee. I love when the farm team jerseys are different from the parent club.

Forgot about them. But yes. I like when it seems like a different league, even though it’s a feeder one. Hell, even if they used the same colours as the parent team, I’d prefer if they look different, instead of just a different logo on the same jersey.

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad