Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
SCORING
1st
16:14
323_65.png
6416.jpg

John Gilmour (2)
Taylor Leier (1), Jean-Sebastien Dea (9)
2nd
11:06
323_65.png
4231.jpg

Tyler Randell (4)
John Gilmour (5)
3rd
17:02
323_65.png
7235.jpg

Lawrence Pilut (3)
Eric Cornel (5)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Yeah, it's probably time to waive Hutton and bring up Johansson.

No, let's not. Rochester have one of the best D-corps in the AHL.

Calling Buffalo's defensive corps "average" might be over-rating it some. JJ would get peppered and exposed in the NHL right now. Let's let JJ alone and re-evaluate after the year.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

Calling Buffalo's defensive corps "average" might be over-rating it some. JJ would get peppered and exposed in the NHL right now. Let's let JJ alone and re-evaluate after the year.
I can't tell if you are blaming the D for Hutton's abysmal play. Funny how Ullmark achieves very different results with the same core. This is a good core that is still learning how to play in the NHL.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I can't tell if you are blaming the D for Hutton's abysmal play.

Hutton's fighting the puck for absolute sure right now. His defense isn't helping him out much.......but Hutton's recent struggles are far more on Hutton than they are on the D.

However, I don't want to wreck a kid's confidence playing behind a D that isn't playing particularly well right now.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

I would call that the Mackenzie Blackwood treatment.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Hutton's fighting the puck for absolute sure right now. His defense isn't helping him out much.......but Hutton's recent struggles are far more on Hutton than they are on the D.

However, I don't want to wreck a kid's confidence playing behind a D that isn't playing particularly well right now.

If your goal is playoffs, you cant play hutton and you cant run ullmark into the ground like lindy used to do with miller. If your goal isnt making the playoffs, well your name is probably jason botterill

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If your goal is playoffs, you cant play hutton and you cant run ullmark into the ground like lindy used to do with miller. If your goal isnt making the playoffs, well your name is probably jason botterill

Then I'm Jason Botterill. If we happen to get into the playoffs, we're an easy 1-and-done. Likely in a 4 or 5 game series.

I'd rather not damage a guy like JJ that's rolling along nicely. And at some point I believe that Hutton will bounce back. I don't believe that he's simply done.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Then I'm Jason Botterill. If we happen to get into the playoffs, we're an easy 1-and-done. Likely in a 4 or 5 game series.

I'd rather not damage a guy like JJ that's rolling along nicely. And at some point I believe that Hutton will bounce back. I don't believe that he's simply done.
Welcome to HFboards’ Sabres sub-forum Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad