Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-2024 PLAYOFF Thread; Game3 - 7:00 pm EDT, May 2nd

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Apologies from my ignorance because I am not a Buffalo Sabre hockey club aficionado but is there any specific reasons why Kulich has not been promoted yet full time to the NHL?
I expect him and everyone who scores a lot to be on the Sabres next year because the GM needs to keep having the youngest team in the league so that he has an excuse to keep his job.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
"Patience" from the GM.

I imagine he's full time in 24-25, and likely Rosen too, though I see Rosen needing to be a 13 and breaking into the 12.
I’m not sure with the changes.

We already have a lot of skill guys and Adams wants a nastier bottom 6. Where would either of these guys fit?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’m not sure with the changes.

We already have a lot of skill guys and Adams wants a nastier bottom 6. Where would either of these guys fit?
Impossible to say before we see what the NHL moves are, I'm more comfortable answering that in July. I do see ways both make the team though.

Reactions: joshjull

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Would you expect him to play for the NHL team next year?
A lot probably depends on this playoff run. Last year, he scored a lot, but Hershey bullied them a bit, and he couldn't overcome it. To be fair, there were long stretches in which the entire team was shut down by Hershey.

According to some well-respected posters on here, his game has seemingly taken a step forward after a slight dull period in January and February. The issue is, Buffalo already has some young forwards still working on their two-way game + Adams wants to win now, so with that mindset you can't afford to have too many young players learning the two-way side of the game.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Would you expect him to play for the NHL team next year?
The outside noise doesn't play as much of a role as some would assert. Kulich wasn't a big stand out in camp or his (albeit very limited) time in call-ups. It will depend on if he's impactful when seeing NHL ice which he has surprisingly not been so far in his young career.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Wahlberg's neck dominates the entire back row of that photo.
That, also, I noticed something I can't unsee.

Anton Wahlberg:
1713482559566.png

"McGill" (Michael Ooms, RIP) , 'bad guy' of the Hawks in the first Mighty Ducks movie:
1713482667123.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jax goes up 1-0 on the Everblades. Nadeau scored the 2nd goal in a 4-0 win.

(No highlights, their feed was down tonight.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Poo. Didn't expect that.

Would like to retain Murray.

Eh, they could still re-sign them. Though given the Sabres forward depth and the prospects on the way, maybe they'd take a chance in another organization of getting some NHL action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad