Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-24 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010

And here is the tilt after Imama bumped the Marlies goalie after the end of the period as he was skating towards the bench.

If the league doesn’t crack down on this type of crap (jabbing goalies after the whistle), the lack of respect between teams will only increase and these moments in the handshake line will become more frequent.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

This is also a trend now. They look great in the ozone, and awful in the dzone. Time to break up this line.

Jobst is out and playing center on GA1. It's a deflection off a lost draw.

Goncalves deflection, not really seeing anything amiss. Richards is the other forward here, has the center responsibilities down low.

So the Day goal is Ostlund losing his positioning a bit and it's his man who gets down to the net to score.

I'll go back and dig up the video from Friday. I don't see anything particularly egregious in those three other than having a three-game guy lose a man on one of them.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Okay from Friday:

Everyone is up in the play. I'll have to go back to the VOD to see what happens before it to create the 2-on-1.

First GA on Friday is a 2-on-2 between the defensemen, Duke gets his stick free at the net:

I'm not seeing a bunch of terrible defense here outside of Ostlund on one play. *shrug*

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would be more concerned that two of the vet, AHL-level centers got school with clean picks on faceoffs in the defensive zone first and foremost. Maybe get Kulich to block the shot better on two of them - I don't see him flamingoing or anything prissy where he's afraid of the puck or something. On one, the only person knocking a man down is Rosen (the 2nd one yesterday, he eliminates his man on the backside of the play, may even broke his stick doing it).

Reactions: elchud

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jax can close out their cross-state rival with a win tonight, leading their series 3-1. If I was up to it health-wise, I would go up to watch but I'm barely out of bed without meds again today. :biglaugh:

Reactions: Dingo44

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jax now down 2-0 with about six minutes left in the second period.

Edit: make that 3-0 at the end of two.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Florida gets out of town with a 4-1 win, stays alive with the series now 3-2 in favor of the Icemen. Glad I didn't go - dragging my sick self up there for a loss would've sucked.

Reactions: Dingo44

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Need this win, need to meet their intensity. We are the more skilled game. Thus far, they've worked harder.

Reactions: JLewyB

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Need to learn how to get some non-skilled dirty goals from the sound of it. Hopefully Appert can get the message through that Granato never could. Similar issues with both of their teams.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Im surprised Ostlund isn't out for Warren. Nothing against Ostlund, best offensive player in the first game, but the lineup is lacking pushback.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Im surprised Ostlund isn't out for Warren. Nothing against Ostlund, best offensive player in the first game, but the lineup is lacking pushback.

I do wonder if this is dabbling from on high. Or is it that they give some of the bangers a game off and then if tonight goes sideways, insert Warren and perhaps Slaggert for Game 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad