Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-2024 PLAYOFF Thread; Game3 - 7:00 pm EDT, May 2nd

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Which is correct.

Signed, I watched Savoie in the Amerks playoffs last year

Yeah, and having him come in on the wing and moving Kulich to center was so disjointed. Neither knew who was supposed to be where and it just didn't work.

I expect that won't be an issue this year if that's the play.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Do the Amerks really have the every day spots to give for Ostlund Savoie and Wahlberg?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Can we do a go fund me to send Belleville some ice cream cake if they beat the Crunch? Some traditions need to continue and all that.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Levi shuts the door on a 3 on 1. The trips Toronto hads gotten away with all night are hilarious

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Do the Amerks really have the every day spots to give for Ostlund Savoie and Wahlberg?

Wahlberg looks great and I can't see him coming out.

Murray would go in for Kisakov IMO and Warren probably too so that's a spot shy. They need what the character guys bring - Giroux, Slaggert, Warren, Richards all do a lot of the dirty work and a team can't simply run four offensive lines like some sort of video game.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Wahlberg looks great and I can't see him coming out.

Murray would go in for Kisakov IMO and Warren probably too so that's a spot shy. They need what the character guys bring - Giroux, Slaggert, Warren, Richards all do a lot of the dirty work and a team can't simply run four offensive lines like some sort of video game.
Yep essentially what I was asking

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yep essentially what I was asking

Injury happens so there is that. Weissbach's been held together by duct tape and baling twine all year and while important and chippy, he's who I would worry about the most. Biro and Jobst are important but both have also had some injury stuff too though *knocks wood* not lately. That's their PP1 bumper and high hub guy (first and fourth on the team in total points looked at another way).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Novikov has impressed me. Good to see he has 23 pts as a D-man.

Appert's comment that he has good offensive instincts for a d-man is true - he'll jump in and make a nice pinch or fill a lane where it's like how he played at the prospect tournament. And yet a lot of his points are D-to-D and out where it's the smart pass in his own zone that starts things.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yes, depending on the series, and how fast they gain chemistry.

Slaggert, Giroux, and Warren have all gotten big usage this year. Warren breaks often. All 3 are just roleplay guys. You could add Ostlund or Savoie to the 4th line with them to add a threat.

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yes, depending on the series, and how fast they gain chemistry.

Slaggert, Giroux, and Warren have all gotten big usage this year. Warren breaks often. All 3 are just roleplay guys. You could add Ostlund or Savoie to the 4th line with them to add a threat.

The big thing is it could give them some ability to rotate some guys in depending on health. But they can't just run a bunch of small scoring guys in that 4th line (even if Richards is only 5'10", he's a cagey AHL vet who plays smart defense). They have to find a spot for Murray when he's back (Kisakov, even if I like him, he's the guy to come out). And then Neuchev has deserved to be in the lineup. He's doing the work and his whole game has come on over the last 3-4 months. The 2nd half switch flipped as it were.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The big thing is it could give them some ability to rotate some guys in depending on health. But they can't just run a bunch of small scoring guys in that 4th line (even if Richards is only 5'10", he's a cagey AHL vet who plays smart defense). They have to find a spot for Murray when he's back (Kisakov, even if I like him, he's the guy to come out). And then Neuchev has deserved to be in the lineup. He's doing the work and his whole game has come on over the last 3-4 months. The 2nd half switch flipped as it were.
Oh, for sure. It's all tech-options. and none of probably good if they see Hershey again.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oh, for sure. It's all tech-options. and none of probably good if they see Hershey again.

Wahlberg may help there but so too are the guys on that fourth line. Kohen Olishefski was a good guy, but I'll take all of the guys they have right now over him or Passolt, or Pekar, etc...

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Appert's comment that he has good offensive instincts for a d-man is true - he'll jump in and make a nice pinch or fill a lane where it's like how he played at the prospect tournament. And yet a lot of his points are D-to-D and out where it's the smart pass in his own zone that starts things.
For sure, having a Dman playing his first year in pro NA hockey, having that many points is not very common.

Levi is going to steal some games for us in the playoffs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
For sure, having a Dman playing his first year in pro NA hockey, having that many points is not very common.

Levi is going to steal some games for us in the playoffs.

Did a little digging, he's one of their most productive first year defensemen. Using 20 games as a cut off (so it takes out guys with one game), he's got the third best points per game of any in the last 10 years (to Sammy rookie 2.0 and RJohnson) at 0.37. Better than guys like Fitzy, Casey Nelson, McCabe, Guhle, even Laaksonen in his all-star appearance year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad