Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-2024 PLAYOFF Thread; Game 2 - 3:00 pm EDT, Rochester Hosting Syracuse

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kulich going to the net on his backhand like a boss. Stopped in tight, but that was as authoritative a drive as he's had in some time.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And tied. Neuchev took a penalty and Hartford converts. Appert talked at length about not giving them free opportunities on their PP since they were third in the AHL coming into tonight's game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jiri Kulich may be back. Another net drive, this time he scores.

That's his third point of the night thus far.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jobst wins the draw against Riley Nash with only 6 seconds left to secure the win, 6-5. Weird that the staff wanted to minimize penalties and managed to twice put them down with too many men on the ice penalties in the first period. Kulich and Rosen looked a lot more like themselves tonight. Sjalin picks up a pair of assists and now has four points in five games since the trade.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What a roller-coaster.

I think I found a worse goalie than Tokarski.

Garand is very young, only 21, and still has okay AHL numbers as their defacto #1. Hartford let a lot of Amerks pitch a tent, sling their bedroll and camp in their crease tonight.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Mersch and Murray in particular. Kulich had a couple net drives, including on his goal where he was less than a stick length from the crease.
Does Metsch have NHL wheels? If so i like to see him get a glimpse if for no other reason than to send a message going to the net and wait for it...stopping is prized.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Does Metsch have NHL wheels? If so i like to see him get a glimpse if for no other reason than to send a message going to the net and wait for it...stopping is prized.

Mersch is one of the slowest players in the AHL. He was slower than Murray before he had a bunch of injuries over the last few years. Murray? I would totally give Murray some runway as a PP screen and limited 4th line guy.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Mersch is one of the slowest players in the AHL. He was slower than Murray before he had a bunch of injuries over the last few years. Murray? I would totally give Murray some runway as a PP screen and limited 4th line guy.
Lol! Was hoping the opposite as Murray lacks footspeed and decision making at Chel level.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Was curious where the Amerks were in the standings and wound up being absolutely floored to see that Hershey already has 93 points after 60 gp. That's insane.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Was curious where the Amerks were in the standings and wound up being absolutely floored to see that Hershey already has 93 points after 60 gp. That's insane.

They have two goalies with 20 wins. It's impressive - not a high octane team, just sort of a classic big team that defends well (fewest GA in the league) and is offensively opportunistic. Best PK in the entire AHL, 2nd best PP in the East (5th overall)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad