Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-2024 PLAYOFF Thread; Game 5 - 7:00 pm EDT, May 10th

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
Shots were 35-9 over the last two periods, Amerks still managed to outscore the Marlies 3-2 in that.
Game after game it's been like this for over a month.
I'm beginning to think the coaching staff is accepting of it.
It's doesn't seem a recipe for success, but when you can out-goalie the opposition each game ... why not?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Game after game it's been like this for over a month.
I'm beginning to think the coaching staff is accepting of it.
It's doesn't seem a recipe for success, but when you can out-goalie the opposition each game ... why not?

It's really bad right now defensively in particular. It seems like they used to start years like this and improve but this year I don't get what Appert is talking about regarding them being good defensively. I just don't see it. And just like the big club, they do not cycle well so they are constantly just a rush team.

Reactions: sabres4ever

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
It's really bad right now defensively in particular. It seems like they used to start years like this and improve but this year I don't get what Appert is talking about regarding them being good defensively. I just don't see it. And just like the big club, they do not cycle well so they are constantly just a rush team.
The "cycle" issue is accurate, IMO.
In the two games I saw last month (@Syracuse / @hershey), the "rush" was the beginning and end of their offensive approach.
I think they'll make the playoffs, but fail to go too far in them if they keep playing that way.
Though as I mentioned in a previous post, it's a great way to get reps for Devon Levi.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Levi couldn’t be in a better situation. He faces two games full of rubber every night and plays excellently.

Also…we don’t talk about Novikov enough. He’s played some real pro hockey before but leading the team in +/- as a rookie AHLer on a team that’s defensive system seems to be “light yourself on fire and let god sort it out” is worth mentioning.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm still not sure from Appert's post-game comments why they went with EIGHT defensemen yesterday and basically played Metsa everywhere but in net. And with Levi going up for the road trip, who knows, maybe he EBUG's today in Toronto.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I don't have time to watch games anymore. Why can't they cycle? They have guys with that skill set. Doesn't make sense to me.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm still not sure from Appert's post-game comments why they went with EIGHT defensemen yesterday and basically played Metsa everywhere but in net.nd with Levi going up for the road trip, who knows, maybe he EBUG's today in Toronto.
Did R.F-S get injured Wednesday night? I saw him throw his body around.

If he is that would leave Nadeau as the only healthy forward? I'd rather dress Metsa and the new guy.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did R.F-S get injured Wednesday night? I saw him throw his body around.

If he is that would leave Nadeau as the only healthy forward? I'd rather dress Metsa and the new guy.

Post-game he said they were available and then praised Metsa. I get why they do 11-7 sometimes but that seemed excessive. Kisakov is ill and they said week to week so I wonder if it is COVID. Kozak is just constantly broken this year. *shrug*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad