Robinson Cano suspended for 2021 after testing positive for PEDs for the second time

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL too bad the Mets can't buy out the last two years of his contract, although at least they have an owner who can pay him enough money to go away if they really wanted.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
What a moron.

I do wonder what would happen if teams remained on the hook for salaries of players suspended for PEDs - maybe they'd have the incentive to keep them clean? More likely they'd have the incentive to keep their use secret, unless you could use an independent testing and suspension body tat wasn't reliant on the owners' acquiescence.

Interestingly, Cano's contract, which has been regularly derided, has actually been pretty good outside of his two suspensions. Four and a half good years in Seattle, one bad year, one good partial year, and one lost year (at zero salary) for the Mets, with two years to go. If you told me up front how the first eight years of that deal would have gone, I'd have signed the dotted line too.

As for Cano, again, what a moron. There go his Hall of Fame chances - eight All Star games, two Gold Gloves, four Silver Sluggers, five straight top-6 MVP finishes, a ring, 69 WAR, and an outside chance at 3000 hits.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
This guy is a clown. This is twice he has been caught using steroids.

It kind of explains the boost he had in his statistics this year, doesn't it?

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Eagerly awaiting the "I don't know how that got in my body" defense.
The one he got caught with last time, Furosemide, actually has real medicinal uses and is banned because it can be used as a masking agent for other steroids.

However, the one he got caught with this time, Stanozolol, has few practical uses other than something bodybuilders use to improve their physique and other performance-enhancing uses.

He won't be able to explain the presence of it other than he was trying to cheat.

Reactions: Del Preston

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
As for Cano, again, what a moron. There go his Hall of Fame chances - eight All Star games, two Gold Gloves, four Silver Sluggers, five straight top-6 MVP finishes, a ring, 69 WAR, and an outside chance at 3000 hits.
His HOF chances were probably already almost non-existent, due to his 1st positive PED test a couple of years ago.

But being a repeat offender definitely ruins any small chance he had.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
He probally thought that MLB would be so distracted with Covid that he wouldn't be tested.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
well they can let him know he won’t br welcome back next winter. The Wilpons would of not done that and they would of not used the 24M that Cano is forfeiting this season to make the club better. Read today they have 84 million to get to the luxury tax threshold

I would assume the same. His time in the majors might be done.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
What an idiot. I thought he still had a shot at HOF even with the first positive test. He’s been that good as a 2B but now he’s officially done. Complete moron

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Probably to boost his statistics so he could get one last contract after his current one is done.

Greed.

His current contract takes him until 42. You really think there was one last lucrative contract left in him? Imo this seems more like an ego thing. Just Not being able to accept his skills were going away.

Reactions: ZMan17

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I actually wondered if this was what was up after he turned back the clock a decade with the bat last year after looking washed up in 2019.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Clearly the Mets FO gave it to him without him knowing so he would get easily detected and off the books

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad