Nov 12, 2012
ibyJJp7TOJZTEN.gif

robin_lehner_mad.gif

23u97bb.jpg

QAfnzY2.jpg

Happy Birthday, Lehnny!

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Are you saying he ultimately won't amount to much in the NHL?

What I think he might be saying is he won't get a chance to amount to his potential as Andy is the man for years to come per management.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lehner will be a top 10 goalie in the league, this guy is only 23, a high majority of goaltenders in the league breakout from the 25-30 range Lehner has time , and to see what he has already done, there is no reason to not get excited about him, but to call him a career ahl'er that is lol worthy.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I seriously dont think he's going to be a career AHL'er but I dont think he's a #1 goalie and id you're not a bonafide #1 then you won't find any stability here in Ottawa. Andy is a proven #1 and I think Lehner is in the wrong place to find a role as a #1. Unfortunately Andy is in the final year of his contract so he'll probably be gone before the deadline and Lehner will be dropped right into the starting role and start racking up the losses. He's basically like a Patrick Lalime. And please understand that i'm very thankful for Lalime's time in Ottawa and he did us a great service but he's not a #1 and Lehner isn't either. I think aot of the same was said about Ray Emery and he was run out of town after taking us to the finals.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I seriously dont think he's going to be a career AHL'er but I dont think he's a #1 goalie and id you're not a bonafide #1 then you won't find any stability here in Ottawa. Andy is a proven #1 and I think Lehner is in the wrong place to find a role as a #1. Unfortunately Andy is in the final year of his contract so he'll probably be gone before the deadline and Lehner will be dropped right into the starting role and start racking up the losses. He's basically like a Patrick Lalime. And please understand that i'm very thankful for Lalime's time in Ottawa and he did us a great service but he's not a #1 and Lehner isn't either. I think aot of the same was said about Ray Emery and he was run out of town after taking us to the finals.

Then you aren't going to like this news:

"‪#‎Senators‬ Assistant GM Pierre Dorion: We are extremely close to re-signing Robin Lehner. We have agreed on terms but the exact salary needs to be resolved."

WhiteLight*

The guy is still so raw, I don't understand how you can put a cap on his potential like that right now. He's already at a 1A/1B level.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Then you aren't going to like this news:

"‪#‎Senators‬ Assistant GM Pierre Dorion: We are extremely close to re-signing Robin Lehner. We have agreed on terms but the exact salary needs to be resolved."

Yes!

I have a lot of faith in Lehner. It's really been hard for him the past two seasons with the system we play and poor team defense in front of him, but he's been battling through it and he can only come out of it stronger.

I'd rather see a young goalie start his career slowly and build up over time, than what we've seen around the league so many times lately where a kid has an amazing rookie season then slides downwards for the rest of his career.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
He's too old, trade him.

LOL Kidding... I'm not an Oilers fan, who thinks anyone over about 22 is over the hill.

Happy (belated) birthday, old man! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad