Robin Lehner

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He hasn't had much to do... Still a long way to go for this kid

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Two terrific showings. Would be unfair to send him to the B-sens until Anderson is back.

His Beardliness*

I get the feeling Ottawa got Bishop just to light a fire under Lehners ass.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
he already signed a one-way for next year....that's got to soften the blow a lot

Will be an interesting camp next season. If Lehner legitmately wins a job do the Sens send him back to the AHL because he's on ELC?

Didn't understand the Bishop trade since they had Lehner to come up and cover for Anderson.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I think they got Bishop as insurance. At the time Lehner had played just 9 career NHL games, now he's up to 10, and he's only 20 years old. If Anderson doesn't come back anytime soon, and Lehner hit a rut, they'd have to rely on Auld, which would basically mean a ruined season, despite the team looking pretty good this year. With Bishop, they can now rely on whoever is hotter of Lehner or Bishop. Lehner has looked great, but relying on a 20 year old rookie to start night in night out is potentially asking for trouble.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Ottawa has an extremely bright future, I see many close races for the division title in the next 5 years. Kinda stinks cause Ottawa is the only NE team I don't hate

Billy Madison*

Ottawa has an extremely bright future, I see many close races for the division title in the next 5 years. Kinda stinks cause Ottawa is the only NE team I don't hate

That may change in about 6 weeks.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Why does that stink? Hopefully we can have some good battles without developing the silly obsessions with being an intense and hated rivalry. I personally have enough hate for Toronto and Montreal - I'd rather it not reach that pitch with Buffalo and Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad