Roberts Lipsbergs, LW [Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL](2013 overager)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Another smallish European forward who is more of a perimeter player, though has decent playmaking ability (has a good shot as well), solid hands, really good skater, and actually has decent offensive upside to have a good chance of being drafted as an overager. Stats, GP: 25 | G: 9 | A: 12 | P: 21
Also he is listed under the Bruins website for some reason so did he get invited to a prospect camp or did he sign a ELC?

Also has gained atleast 10-20 pounds to his frame since last season and is up to 5'11 - 195 currently. Probably not a top 3 round pick, but I can see a team take a chance on him around the 5th-6th rounds considering he is a bit less talented version of Bjorkstrand, IMO.

Last edited:

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
Another smallish European forward who is more of a perimeter player, though has decent playmaking ability (has a good shot as well), solid hands, really good skater, and actually has decent offensive upside to have a good chance of being drafted as an overager. Stats, GP: 25 | G: 8 | A: 12 | P: 20
Also he is listed under the Bruins website for some reason so did he get invited to a prospect camp or did he sign a ELC?

Also has gained atleast 10-20 pounds to his frame since last season and is up to 5'11 - 195 currently. Probably not a top 3 round pick, but I can see a team take a chance on him around the 5th-6th rounds considering he is a bit less talented version of Bjorkstrand, IMO.

At least in the official homepage it shows 9 Goals = hence 21 P

I think his chances to get drafted are very realistic, but of course only if he keeps this performance up.

Though I'm bit annoyed that he's only 5'11, it will take a miracle if he ends up playing in NHL.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
At least in the official homepage it shows 9 Goals = hence 21 P

I think his chances to get drafted are very realistic, but of course only if he keeps this performance up.

Though I'm bit annoyed that he's only 5'11, it will take a miracle if he ends up playing in NHL.

I think weight is more of a concern than height is. Like I said he gained a solid amount to his frame last offseason, so he knows what his weakness are.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy crap this kid is on fire. Just score another one for the go ahead goal against a really good Kamloops late in the 3rd period.
E: Ohp, right when I said this Blazers tie the game.

Got the empty-netter as well.

Last edited:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Holy crap this kid is on fire. Just score another one for the go ahead goal against a really good Kamloops late in the 3rd period.
E: Ohp, right when I said this Blazers tie the game.

Got the empty-netter as well.

I've always been a big fan of his, my favourite of Latvian 1994s, even more than Girgensons and Blugers who were actually drafted last year. I thought that not drafting him last year was a mistake, sure he's smallish and there are probably other much better small scorers out there but he's also got what other small ''shooters'' often don't- he is not afraid to go to the net and now is also picking up kilos, compensating the lack of centimeters. So if he continues like this he might get another chance at the draft this year and then who knows...

R S

Sep 18, 2006
One of the hottest goal scorers in the CHL currently. He's a talented kid.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I could see some teams ranking him in the 4th or 5th round, he's a good player and has some great instincts around the net. Still not sure where he falls on my board, probably in the 6th round or so.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Play-offs started with 1+2 in the first game, good start. If we take March totals, it's 9 games and 9 goals, 5 assists = 14 points

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Play-offs started with 1+2 in the first game, good start. If we take March totals, it's 9 games and 9 goals, 5 assists = 14 points

Its almost expected that when Lipsbergs plays one goal is almost a guarantee these days:laugh:,but good for him,he still needs to develop his defensive game and who knows maybe he will be selected fairly high in the draft(4th round,maybe?)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This guy has a bit of an edge to his game. He really isn't physical, but he doesn't take crap from anyone and was taunting the Portland fans after he scored, it was very Byfuglien like.

I thought he would be more of a top 6 or bust forward, but I think he could become a solid 3rd liner if he improves his overall game.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
This guy has a bit of an edge to his game. He really isn't physical, but he doesn't take crap from anyone and was taunting the Portland fans after he scored, it was very Byfuglien like.

I thought he would be more of a top 6 or bust forward, but I think he could become a solid 3rd liner if he improves his overall game.

I still think he has a shot at top 6 in NHL.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010

On a weak team, but in reality he has skillset of a successful third liner. But the thing is there tons of such players in every draft. Looks like he needs some draft luck and find a team which isn't loaded like Calgary.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Oh I wasn't saying he doesn't have top 6 potential because he definitely has it. I was just stating that if he isn't good enough for the top 6 or on a deep team, he can also play on the 3rd line.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
I'd rather choose to see him as a bust in NHL and becoming KHL star than to become a third-liner in NHL...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad