Roberto Luongo Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Lu is playing with some unreal confidence. To the point that if every game from now on had to be played in Boston I'd be okay with him starting every one of them.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
What a great career turn this has been for him. Obviously there's a large segment of Canucks fans (myself included) that have always supported him 100%. It's just nice to see his reputation recover in the media. Particularly the national (toronto) media who are always so quick to rip our team/city.

Crows*

This was The plan along. The team wanted to take all pressure off of Lu. He's rising to the challenge.

I love this guy

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Never got off the bandwagon. Hope he steals the job back and wins a cup...

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Luongo is serious about his position. He trained hard in the lockout with francois allaire,and its showing.

Yes and Allaire got him back to the style he used to become dominant. I don't want Melanson within a mile of Luongo. I just pray that the Canucks don't try to mess with his style once again.

HAMMY5

Jan 22, 2013
Abbotsford BC
I wish we could keep both.

I wouldnt be suprised to see them both here at the end of this season still.

Luongo is looking far more confident then ever training's really payed off.

Schneids will be good when he gets the net back. I think he got the crap end of the stick by having the team play terrible infront of him after the long lockout and layoff the Canucks are playing better now then they did at the start of the season.

Last edited:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Yes and Allaire got him back to the style he used to become dominant. I don't want Melanson within a mile of Luongo. I just pray that the Canucks don't try to mess with his style once again.

:handclap: I sure hope Lu doesn't have to deal with him anymore considering he's possibly on the trading block. Lu's issues have always been confidence, not much else. By bringing in a dif goalie coach to try and tweak his game it just made him even more unsure of himself. Let Lu be Lu. He got worked at times in the playoffs because the hawks were an offensive juggernaut and our team was outmatched.

Luuuuuuuuuuu

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
can we bring this back? Love the mental toughness last game. He's gotten off to a solid start that if he does his usual heat up by December/January routine he might be in line for a Vezina nod after everyone else falls down to earth.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
The Luongo speculation thread reaches 10,000 pages. The Luongo appreciation thread at 2 pages. Poor guy. Hoping he grabs himself a Vezina award, gold medal and Stanley Cup ring this year.

SpecialK139

Bo Hor-fat
Aug 8, 2012
Burnaby
People speculate about how they think he doesn't want to play here and make it seem like the guy has a bad attitude, but I'm constantly amazed that he put up with all the garbage Vancouver gave him and does nothing but work his butt off. Always loved him (not to the detriment of any other Vancouver goalies) and I'm really glad he's still here. I sincerely hope he plays out the rest of his contract in the blue and green and hopefully gets another chance to show the world at Sochi and in the playoffs that he is a winner.

People fear the day that the Sedins finally retire, but I fear going back to what we had before 06-07 almost as much :help:

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
The Luongo speculation thread reaches 10,000 pages. The Luongo appreciation thread at 2 pages. Poor guy. Hoping he grabs himself a Vezina award, gold medal and Stanley Cup ring this year.

I'm sure that you would find that a multitude of posts in the speculation thread are Luongo tire pumping posts.

The stupidest thing about this forum is that there are separate appreciation and discussion threads (and sometimes even criticism threads). The inevitable ups and downs every player goes through in a season is going to lead to both criticism and praise. Just put all the discussion in one place.

I sort of feel that starting an appreciation thread is often little more than a passive aggressive way for people who hold a polarized viewpoint to gloat a little bit when the guy they are a fan of is on the upswing. The inevitable counter-reaction when things take a turn for the worse makes this forum look bi-polar.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
Well, tonight was another one of those games where neither Luongo nor the defence played particularly well. But it's important to remember that he's given up 2 or less goals for six straight games before tonight. It just speaks to his character that despite the media circus of the last 2 years, he just keeps showing up to do his job every game, and more often than not plays well. I'm proud to say he's a Canuck.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Well, tonight was another one of those games where neither Luongo nor the defence played particularly well. But it's important to remember that he's given up 2 or less goals for six straight games before tonight. It just speaks to his character that despite the media circus of the last 2 years, he just keeps showing up to do his job every game, and more often than not plays well. I'm proud to say he's a Canuck.

No, he actually played really well tonight.

All goals were tap in's within 5 ft of the crease lmao. He was active/in position.

Luongo's not a game saving/game changing goalie like Quick. Quick is the best goalie in the NHL. He can take games away from teams because of his athleticism.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

All goals were tap in's within 5 ft of the crease lmao. He was active/in position.

Luongo's not a game saving/game changing goalie like Quick. Quick is the best goalie in the NHL. He can take games away from teams because of his athleticism.

Luongo has to be at that level though. He is paid to be. This team needs him to be.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto

At times Luongo is and at times he isn't. Just like Quick, or Lundqvist, or any other goalie in history.

Luongo went 5 straight games allowing 2 goals or less, and came up huge in the third period against San Jose.

It's not like Quick has been as good all year as he did against us tonight. In fact, looking at the numbers I'd say he's been worse than Luongo, despite Luongo being known for his slow starts.

SpecialK139

Bo Hor-fat
Aug 8, 2012
Burnaby
curious fact from passittobulis: At the time of this writing, Lu and Lack have identical stats at .911 SVP and 2.41 GAA. #goalieunion

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Luongo has been good this season, but the days of him stealing games on a regular basis are far behind him. Either way, I've never worried about Luongo in the regular season and I still don't.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

I'm a huge Luongo supporter but how can you say a goalie who let in 4 goals on 18 shots played really well? You can argue he didn't have a chance on any of the goals but then it would be appropriate to conclude that he just played average. A goalie playing really well usually means he's making the tough saves.

Luongo started the season average, played pretty good the last little while, but then had a bad game against LA. It has added up to a 2.41 GAA on the season so far so in conclusion: I'm not concerned about Luongo. In fact, I think he can and will be even better.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
He's given the defense a certain calmness they didn't have last year. Looking very poised - he has a lot to prove and he's a top 5 goaltender in this league. I'm excited to see how the season progresses.

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
I wish you guys would take all that crap in the GDT and put it here, where six days ago Lu was being heralded.
It really gets annoying when every thread is hijacked by close-minded, biased posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad