Player Discussion Robert Hägg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
View attachment 456045

For the analytics hate Risto got, I'm surprised there hasn't been more about Hagg

Yeah, he's pretty shit in just the way Risto is - can't get the puck to teammates and seems easily pressured off the puck. Flyer fans have loathed him for a long time, regardless of the relatively meaningless hit totals.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Probably because he's playing where he should, on the 3rd pair.
It was the Buffalo Sabres' decision to play Risto like that. We'll see what the buffalo sabres do with Hagg

Plus, his salary is only $1.6M, compared to Risto's $5M+
Yeah, definitely better, but people have been very against these guys even getting roster spots. No one wanted Risto, Eakin, Sobotka in the lineup at all.

The redeeming aspect of Hagg on the stats side is that he seems to have a better goal differential than the other guys with similar GAR/WAR. I guess we'll find out if it's something he's doing, or if it was just luck

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
been good?

He's been steady so far with only a couple of brain cramps. He and Pysyk are usually their strongest pairing in terms of shutdown ability - Dahlin's saddled with Butcher who is playing his offhand and they're both having issues with it while the other pairing of Bryson-Miller seems a bit higher event than Hagg-Pysyk.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
bumb. i guess he sucked this last months?

His play has not been what it was to start the season. There has been a lot more of what he was in Philly in terms of struggling to get the puck out cleanly.

And let's not mention the couple of times they tried him on his off-hand side. Some of the worst play I've ever seen in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad